Gibson Brands Forums

what color bigsby should i get?

nikko18

okay i dont want to here peoples opinion on how they sound or anything just what color they like. i have a faded les paul thats a nice orangish color like slashs LP but with flaming. should i put a chrome bigsby or a gold one? you know one of these days i will actually put some pics up, maybe tommorow.

Do they make a crap colored one?

Sorry. ](*,)

I once thought they were cool too, until I put one on a guitar.

Good luck with that.

Go with chrome. It will be easier to sell when you take it off. :)

Dynadude makes a good point - have you tried a Bigsby on an LP yet. If you have, and you like it fair play. If you have NOT tried one, do so before you go ahead. Some folk (me included) love the look of a Bigsby (bare aluminum - NOT chrome and NEVER gold, eugh).

But if you haven't tried one and are expecting a Floyd-Rose trem - you WILL be disappointed. Plus there is a debate over the LP's tone suffering when a Bigsby is fitted.....

okay i dont want to here peoples opinion on how they sound or anything just what color they like. i have a faded les paul thats a nice orangish color like slashs LP but with flaming. should i put a chrome bigsby or a gold one? you know one of these days i will actually put some pics up' date=' maybe tommorow.[/quote']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oof60kDFqAc

Get whatever color matches the rest of the hardware on the guitar or go with the dull silver colored finish.

well lots of people are saying go silver, so thats probabyl what i'll do. as for playing it yes i have played a les paul with a bigsby and i liked it. im not looking for a floyed rose trem, i dont want to do dive bombs and that kinda extreme tremolo stuff. i just want something i can wiglgle to just change the sound slitely. as for hardware i will get a roller bridge in what ever color my bigsby is, i was also going to replace me tuners anyways so ill get whatever color the bigsby i get is. my pickups are uncover. the guitar basically looks exactly like the one in thunders picture but with no pickgaurd and black pickup rings, no pickup selector base peice. although im probably going to get a black 3 ply pickgaurd.

thanks for the input :]

oh yeah and as for the argument about bigsby tone jimmy page's les paul custom had a bigsby on it, and i think it had better lead tone than his number one. just my opinion though.

I'm not trying to single you out, Nikko, but this kind of crap drives me nuts because we get these kind of threads all the time. Who cares what any of us think as far as aesthetics go? Just buy whatever YOU think looks good. Whether the thing is gold or chrome or green is going to have no impact on performance whatsoever. If you want to save money, buy one that matches what's on your guitar already; if you want something different, then change the hardware and go with a Bigsby that matches.

I'm not trying to single you out' date=' Nikko, but this kind of crap drives me nuts because we get these kind of threads all the time. Who cares what any of us think as far as aesthetics go? Just buy whatever YOU think looks good. Whether the thing is gold or chrome or green is going to have no impact on performance whatsoever. If you want to save money, buy one that matches what's on your guitar already; if you want something different, then change the hardware and go with a Bigsby that matches.[/quote']

+ a big 1

Archived