Gibson Brands Forums

I didn't win the C64's :(

FenderGuy1

what a prick!! one guy outbid me at the last second ! >:(

Had you been the winning bidder, would the under-bidder call YOU a prick?

No. Of course not.

It is an auction and one bidder will always out-bid all the others.

All it means is that at least one other person was prepared to pay more than you were.

NOT that they were a prick, they just wanted a crap computer more than you did.....

OK - you have a point. They were a prick.

No. Of course not.

All it means is that at least one other person was prepared to pay more than you were.

NOT that they were a prick, they just wanted a crap computer more than you did.....

I was outbid at the last seconds and before i made a bid it ended, GRRR

I was advised a while back that there is a program all the serious ebay users use called something like Sniper or Sharpshooter......and there must be something even better available now.

The one I was told about worked by 'shooting' in your highest bid at the last fraction of a second to ensure that, if your highest reserve bid is higher than anyone else's, you will always - ALWAYS - have the winning bid.

Equally, if anyone else is using the program you will never be able to outbid them at the last second as the program will not leave enough time for any further bids to be registered.

If you are seriously going to try to win stuff on ebay then I'd suggest getting this program - or the modern equivalent - is a must; otherwise you will be in for a lot of disappointments. Assuming others are after the same junk collectibles as you, that is. And they seem to be.

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

I was advised a while back that there is a program all the serious ebay users use called something like Sniper or Sharpshooter......and there must be something even better available now.

The one I was told about worked by 'shooting' in your highest bid at the last fraction of a second to ensure that, if your highest reserve bid is higher than anyone else's, you will always - ALWAYS - have the winning bid.

Equally, if anyone else is using the program you will never be able to outbid them at the last second as the program will not leave enough time for any further bids to be registered.

If you are seriously going to try to win stuff on ebay then I'd suggest getting this program - or the modern equivalent - is a must; otherwise you will be in for a lot of disappointments. Assuming others are after the same junk collectibles as you, that is. And they seem to be.

P.

All true. The problem is you can't trust the free ones so eBay professionals have an advantage as they have premium accounts.

@FG. You know I usually stick up for you but I would suggest that you simply got beaten by someone who was willing to pay more and knew something you didn't about how to win. Next time you'll know and you can win. that won't make you any more of a prick than it makes whoever beat you this time. I guess you know this really and you probably just expressed your irritation in the wrong way but do think about how you express yourself outwardly. It's a valuable lesson

No. Of course not.

Unbelievable.

well i DID put $250 on it -.-

Ebay rule #1: Always bid at the last few seconds of the auction, never before.

You bid $250 for an old POS obsolete computer-pull the other leg while you're at it sport.

If there was a bunch of them $250 is a realistic price.

Hello! Am I getting it wrong? Are You talking about the Commodore C64? Here's a couple for You:

http://hardverapro.hu/apro/commodore_64_elado_11/hsz_1-50.html (11.000 Hungarian Forints - cca. 50 USD) or

http://hasznaltat.hu/hirdetesek/commodore-64 (a truckload of them here at even lower price).

Cheers... Bence

Yes im talking about the Commodore 64

Hello FenderGuy1! Your support for keeping our country tidy by purchasing some of these would be highly appreciated! You might even get a medal from our Prime Minister. [wink] Cheers... Bence

[lol]

Bence, you get a medal (well, a +) for making me chortle!

[thumbup]

P.

Thanks, I'm saving them for their original purpose

Hello FenderGuy1! Sorry for the joke, but I couldn`t resist. ;) I do the same thing actually. I collect tube amps that everyone else thinks are garbage... But, 250 bucks ain`t too much for them? I took a look at the german e-bay, and there are lots of them at the fraction of the price. Here they are cheap as water. Cheers... Bence

I just lost a fantastic Teisco because it went out of the price range I felt comfortable paying. Those people who make more money than me... Such ****s... I hate my life.

I trust you mean this as a joke?

Otherwise; might it be that those people who earn more money than you were also the ones who worked harder in school / college / university than you did and therefore got better jobs with higher pay as a direct result of all their hard work through the years?

Just a thought.

P.

Archived