Gibson Brands Forums

What a Monday

Aster1

Just got a call that the Police were over at the RV storage rental place I keep our 30' 5th wheel stored at. The fence had been cut and 5 RV broken into. Mine being one of them. The door is really messed up from the pry job and they tried to steal the flatscreen, but it was covered by the bumpout that was retraced into the trailer. SO, the dinks cut thru a window screen and thought the could pull a 20"x30" HDTV thru a 12" square window. Also it was screwed down inside a cabinet so it didn't flop around going down the road. Dang it anyway. I hate thieves. [cursing]

Getting ready to go on a Harley ride from Iowa to the Smoky Mountains National Park this weekend. About a 12 day camping/touring trip with some good fun. Hopefully, a safe & dry trip, esp. the safe part. I hope the weather holds up as it can get kind of crisp out. Coldest I've been riding on a trip was in Yellowstone and it was hitting 30 at night and it snowed. Warmed up to 70 & sunny each day pretty quick however. Was cold & scarry riding to breakfast however!!! [biggrin]

Aster

Wow, sorry to hear about that. There have been robberies at both our house and cottage areas. My neighbor across the street got a flat screen stolen from his pool house. They don't use patrols or a guard at the entrance to our cottage community after Labor day. We've been fortunate so far. My father-in-law lives 5 minutes from our cottage so I have him checking things out during the week.

Have a fun and safe trip though!

Thanks!!! If the weather holds up should be a great time. Hope the old bod can hold up to the 2000 miles I'd recon the trip will be. The old gray stallion, he ain't as tough as he use to be! [biggrin] No iron butt days just an easier 350 mile/day max run.

You know, I'd give up the little $300 LCD TV if the door & screen wasn't toasted. I use to leave my convertibles unlocked just so they didn't cut the top like happened once. That was more $$$ & trouble than replacing a car stereo if you know what I mean.

Aster

That sucks. I feel your pain. My apartment was robbed back in April while my girl and I were at work. They luckily didn't take any of my guitars (it was obvious they were just taking small things that they could carry and hide easily), but they did manage to get about $5,000 worth of my camera equipment, and laptops. The stuff being gone wasn't what bothered me the most. It's just stuff. BUT, knowing someone watched us, planned it, went through our stuff. It still makes me anxious. The invasion of my space. Luckily they didn't take my guitars, and didn't hurt my cat.

I guess if there's a silver lining, insurance will probably cover your losses right? Ours covered most of the theft. It's just such an inconvenience, and messes with your head. Thieves are scum.

Just got a call that the Police were over at the RV storage rental place I keep our 30' 5th wheel stored at. The fence had been cut and 5 RV broken into. Mine being one of them. The door is really messed up from the pry job and they tried to steal the flatscreen, but it was covered by the bumpout that was retraced into the trailer. SO, the dinks cut thru a window screen and thought the could pull a 20"x30" HDTV thru a 12" square window. Also it was screwed down inside a cabinet so it didn't flop around going down the road. Dang it anyway. I hate thieves. [cursing]

Getting ready to go on a Harley ride from Iowa to the Smoky Mountains National Park this weekend. About a 12 day camping/touring trip with some good fun. Hopefully, a safe & dry trip, esp. the safe part. I hope the weather holds up as it can get kind of crisp out. Coldest I've been riding on a trip was in Yellowstone and it was hitting 30 at night and it snowed. Warmed up to 70 & sunny each day pretty quick however. Was cold & scarry riding to breakfast however!!! [biggrin]

Aster

Bummer! I keep my motor home in my driveway. I live on a private road that's off a country lane in a town that is relatively safe..... one Saturday morning a couple of years ago, I got up about 5 AM, (I always do), and went out to see if the newspaper was here.... I punched the garage door open, and as it did, I could see the back doors of the Van were open with "stuff" laying on the ground.... the passenger door to my work truck was open, (and my phone charger was gone), and most upsetting was that the door to the motor home was open, (I had my Dove in there!).

I'm sure I interrupted them as they left in a hurry.... nothing taken from the MH, and nothing from the van... the only thing I found gone was my phone charger.

My street is a one-way in and out.... and my house is about 1/8 mile from the main street, (2-lane country lane).

Now, I lock the motor home all the time!

I had never had anything stolen in my entire life, until a few weeks ago. I was gigging out on the road and while a band mate and I slept, someone (probably associated with the hotel) came INTO OUR HOTELROOM, went through our belongings and clothes and stole all the cash we had. (We didn't have the dead bolt locked).

Fortunately, they didn't bust us in the head while they were there. I thought that was very thoughtful of them. <_<

Thanks for the good wishes. I haven't had the chance to check my deductible. Either $500 or $750 I think for theft. May all be on my dime. We've been having several home intrusions here in town. Yeah, the ones while your there in the day or even night asleep. [cursing] I wake at the drop of a dang pin and am very prepared. I draw the line on coming in or around my wife, dog, & me in the night and have 10 friends that will convey that notion to them. I can hit the center of a nickle at 50 feet too. Wouldn't want to have to do that but when you come into a persons space I won't take any chances with any of us being harmed. They are conking people in the head and have held some at knife & gun point. Done some things to the ladies too.

That's just ain't going to fly for me.

Aster

Archived