Gibson Brands Forums

Lets have some heat or the canned variety

Rabs

Yeah, I've always kind of been a fan of them. They're different. Certainly not your standard "bubble gum" music group from the 60-70's. They sound roughcut and and from the wrong-side-of-the-tracks and that adds to what I like about them.....Those videos are cool. Thanks for bringing them up. Here's clip of Woodstock that has them playing.....I wasn't at Woodstock, but I was at some mid-western rock & roll weekends and the ladies of summer sure were sweet. [thumbup]

Yeah, I've always kind of been a fan of them. They're different. Certainly not your standard "bubble gum" music group from the 60-70's. They sound roughcut and and from the wrong-side-of-the-tracks and that adds to what I like about them.....Those videos are cool. Thanks for bringing them up. Here's clip of Woodstock that has them playing.....I wasn't at Woodstock, but I was at some mid-western rock & roll weekends and the ladies of summer sure were sweet. [thumbup]

[thumbup] yeah thats it.. they are very different.. had their own thing going on .. and I think that tune became THE tune for Woodstock..

on a side note I think this is really funny cos he sounded like Kermit (or did Kermit sound like him?? :P)

On the road again...we had that song on a cassette tape, me and my mate...early 80ies. We where driving in a Renault R4, holliday, cruising true Europe...On the road again was the song we played after each stop we made. Other songs on that cassette tape was Janis Joplins Ball n chain, Jimi Hendrix purple Haze and crosstown traffic, the Doors with riders on the storm, CCR with bad moon rising and suzie Q.

Memories, sweet memories.

Love the 'Heat.

Know I've told this story a million times here, but I'll do it again. When my dad got back from 'Nam, he and a few other hippy/bikers rented a mansion in Detroit proper. They would throw parties regularly and Canned Heat played one of them.

Archived