Gibson Brands Forums

"The les paul forum"(other les paul site)

nitro

This might be only "Les Paul" forum but just because those swishy boys over at the other place decided to call their message board "THE Les Paul" forum that doesn't mean they're better.

But one of their members was asking about you, and he spoke very highly of you also.

I'm a member over there. the answer about what type of email addy you have is correct. there are some ways around it. (think about it). it really is a great place though. there are people over there with TONS of great knowledge to share. i find it quite friendly too.

Paul Green is a looser. Insane. TDPRI .....

He will email you personally and tell you stupid stuff. I've saved, and printed emails from this idiot.

At one point, you could not even mention smoking on his idiot infested, super moderated forum. Go there and mention anything political.

You will be banned.

I spent over $5000.00 this year on Gibson guitars and Mandolins. I'll never buy another Fender Product because of Paul Green. ... Not a pick. He is a smartass and Fender should re-think letting him have access to trademarks.

Not that I give a damn about Fender, but his little webpage looks like it's part of the Company, and then he'll email you and piss about something stupid.

Did I mention I think Paul Green is an idiot?

Murph.

You have to have a "paid email address to sign up' date=' as is the axe house consortium.

Fine batch of cork sniffers over there...:-({|= [/quote']

The Axe House doesn't require a subscription based email address. The LPF does.

The Axe House is FAR from a batch of cork sniffers. In fact, they're the anti-cork sniffers. They're a very tight knit group of really good people. BUT... As I've stated before, I wouldn't go into that place with guns-a-blazin'.

The down side to the LPF is its current owner (Lily) and her mod team. To Lily, its all about the money, and she's not about to loose a high paying sponsor, for the opinion of a non-paying member, so there are a lot of restrictions. There is some good information at the LPF, but you will need to sift through the biased opinions of non-playing cork sniffers and semi-wealthy collectors to get any real substance. I would suggest that you set the B.S. filter to maximum before surfing that site.

The founder of the LPF is a man named Dave Paetow. He's a great guy with a tremendous amount of knowledge. Although he's no longer a member on the site that he created, he still posts on quite a few other guitar forums, including the MLP, the Jackson/Charvel Forum, lespaulconsortium, etc.

At the end of the day, it isn't "the forum", it's the quality and knowledge of the people who contribute to it.

An Interesting Side Note: A lot of people have been around for a VERY long time and you never know who's friends with whom. FWIW

I've seen that forum and "applied" for a membership ages ago, that "payed for e-mails only" thing explains why I never heard from them. How annoying is that, not even a "your membership is rejected because of..." message!

I don't even have a payed for e-mail adress. Or I do think my ISP gave me one, but I've never used it. I'd rather avoid the whole "e-mail your entire contact list to show your new e-mail adress and then when you change your ISP do the same thing again" business.

It makes the whole changing ISP process a bit harder, and I'd like to be able to do just that with the least amount of hassle, to take advantage of the free market and all that. I'm very much against anything that obstructs the consumer's choice. It's un-American. And I'm not even American :D

Archived