Gibson Brands Forums

Vince Gill's guitar collection

BigKahune

Thanks for the link, BK! Vince Gill Is a super guy. So humble and just average-acting. What a fine bunch of great guitars he has! I wish he would do a video with sound samples of each one.... It looked like his fathers guitar was an ES-125. I wanted to hear the '42 D28..... The 000-45 was" to die" for tone...

I really liked his storage system. I wonder where he keeps the cases??

I think he needs a collection maintenance person......I volunteer.....HA!

Thanks for having us into your place, Vince Gill. Great guy. Some of the most beautiful "high lonesome" harmonies in the biz. We forgive you for the Spinal Tap moment ("you'll still be hearin' that one") w/ the 000-45 @ t=3:35.

...and I think we have one or two people here that could also use those same services, you know, just to

keep the tops regularly vibrated, RR ; ) !

Also; "note to self: guitar drawer."

Thanks for passing along the thread, BK.

Many of us here are a poorer version of this a guy... : )

In 1988 on Christmas day I looked at that fat box and said that aint shaped like an electric guitar nor an acoustic, what can it be..

Knowing I wanted to some day get a 12 String like George Harrison had, I opened the box to find my wife & brother got me a 12 String better than George Harrison's.. : ) a carved Rickenbacker 381V69..one of the first reissues from Rudy's.

Id never even seen a 381 before that day..

Its such a shame 50 guitars were lost in that flood he mentions..first rate guitarist this guy..

Vince is such a charming and unassuming fellow. A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to chat with him a number of times. I'd co-founded and formed the Buddy Holly Guitar Foundation. We named Vince and Amy co recipients of guitars bearing original frets from Buddy's J-45. They chose "Not Fade Away" for their Buddy song title. I halved a fret from Buddy's guitar and mounted the halves in plaques I designed and had the Company make.

It was such a pleasures to chat with Vince. He obviously knows and loves his guitars.

The plaques.:

rave_on_fret_installed.jpg

Thanks for the link, BK! Vince Gill Is a super guy. So humble and just average-acting. What a fine bunch of great guitars he has! I wish he would do a video with sound samples of each one.... It looked like his fathers guitar was an ES-125. I wanted to hear the '42 D28..... The 000-45 was" to die" for tone...

I really liked his storage system. I wonder where he keeps the cases??

+1 .

I don't really like martins but If I could have(steal) 2 or 'em I would go to Vince's house and grabe that 42 D 28 and that 000 45 .

ohhh yeah and on my way out I'd grab his papa's guitar

JC

+1 .

I don't really like martins but If I could have(steal) 2 or 'em I would go to Vince's house and grabe that 42 D 28 and that 000 45 .

ohhh yeah and on my way out I'd grab his papa's guitar

JC

I used to turn up my nose at Martins for various reasons. I was brand loyal to Gibson, for one. I have 5 Martins now and I'm very happy to have them along side my Gibsons. They compliment each other after a fashion. Both companies represent American guitar making at its finest.

Thanks for sharing this video.

American country music is not popular in my lands. Acoustic guitar playing with usury.

Nevertheless I know very well who this man is.

A great exemple of a great musician and of a decent man.

Hat off!

msp_thumbup.gif

Archived