Gibson Brands Forums

"Desert Island" Rig

Ryan H

Thought this would be a cool little game to play.

1 guitar that you own (acoustic or electric)

1 amplifier that you own. (If head, 1 cab is allowed as well)

3 stompboxes that you may or may not own.

1 accessory (picks are a given)

I'll start it off:

Guitar: Charvel SoCal, Ferrari Red

Amplifier: Traynor YGL-1 LE Tan

FX1: Boss RC-3

FX2: TC Electronics Polytune

FX3: MXR Distortion III

Accessory: Capo

Well there's my "Desert Island Rig". Let's see yours!

-Ryan

(Note: We are assuming there is electricity on this island, all these pedals come with adapters or you have an infinite number of 9V's, and you have enough cables to connect all of this up. Your strings and tubes (where applicable) will never die/break)

Be tough...but guitar would be the DIF.

All the other stuff wouldn't be of any use....unless the desert island had an electric generation plant.

(Note: We are assuming there is electricity on this island, all these pedals come with adapters or you have an infinite number of 9V's, and you have enough cables to connect all of this up. Your strings and tubes (where applicable) will never die/break)

I'll start it off:

-Ryan

Vintage Thomas Blug strat

Line 6 Flextone

FX1 Morley bad horsie

FX2 Danelectro reel echo

FX3 Danelectro spring king

Accessory - mudslide

Guest Farnsbarns

I'll start it off:

-Ryan

Why a tuner? Isn't relative tuning going to be just fine on this island?

Guest Farnsbarns

Guitar; 1995 R0.

Amp; circa 1978 Music Man 2x12 'Sixty-five'.

That's it.

P.

Is a make believe theft allowed before this make believe marooning? If so, I'll take a 2011 r8 and Pippy's amp

I'd be fine with my Ibanez acoustic, my Snark tuner and my capo. I'd trade my amp and other electronics for some extra sets of strings if I'm gonna be there for awhile, methinks.

Yeah... relative tuning is fine, but I like the tuner I got for Christmas [flapper]

/chuckle

1.Guitar-My '65 Strat

2.Effects- My '67 Vox Clyde McCoy wah,my vintage 1970 Big Muff Pi,my Tech 21 RotoChoir Leslie simulator

3.Accessories-My CruzTools GrooveTech Guitar maintainence toolkit.

4.Amp-my 1983 Marshall-JCM 800-2204 with the 1960B cab loaded with Celestion G-12-L-25 speakers.

Actually we've been through this before...

For me... I dunno. Whatever I can grab, I guess. I'd leave the one "board" guitar behind although it's as good or better than anything else I own.

I think the "desert island" think is a bit overblown, though. If one were truly alone, electricity would be a concern. No question. That pretty well leaves out most electrics, including even semi-hollows. Then it's a matter of whatcha wanna play for music. So that'd leave me probably with an archtop or at the other end of my "pricetag" spectrum, a nice little Epi PR5e that works better for jazz as well as "cowboy" than one might imagine.

m

I think the "desert island" think is a bit overblown, though. If one were truly alone, electricity would be a concern. No question. That pretty well leaves out most electrics, including even semi-hollows.

That's why you need a perpetual motion generator.

....electricity would be a concern. No question.....

Serendipitously, milod, No It Wouldn't!

It's right there in the 'Rules of Play' at the very beginning of the game in post #1.....

.....there is electricity on this island.....strings and tubes (where applicable) will never die/break).....

It's a hypothetical situation and Ryan made the rules! Rejoice!! You could chose your 175 or your Guild SG over any acoustic should you so wish!!!

[smile]

P.

Hot damn. I missed that part about electricity, endless batteries and strings... In that case my accessory would have to be a drummer.

May I humbly suggest "The Best Drum Machine in the World As We Know It".

They eat far less food than drummers - and Ryan didn't mention anything about there being a limitless supply of food on the island......

[wink]

P.

Serendipitously, milod, No It Wouldn't!

It's right there in the 'Rules of Play' at the very beginning of the game in post #1.....

It's a hypothetical situation and Ryan made the rules! Rejoice!! You could chose your 175 or your Guild SG over any acoustic should you so wish!!!

[smile]

P.

Yeah, it's not meant to be realistic by any means, just a fun little game.

-Ryan

I dunno...

How 'bout a drummer, bass player or fellow guitar picker of the opposite sex, assuming that's a pairing that floats your boat - and two folks working on a boat are more likely to have it float than one...

<grin>

m

I can't do these. I need a Hardtail and Tremolo Equipped guitar to do everything I do, so one electric is out of the question.

Then, if I was alone on an island I would probably work on a raft, boat, or signal fire so I could get back to an audience.

My 09' SG Special, 93' Peavey Prowler (although I'm a Marshall/Wizard type guy this is all I have right now), TC Polytune, Cry Baby, Maxon OD-9, and a Dunlop Blues Bottle.

If I can use my imagination, I would replace the SG (although I love her to death) with a mid/late 70s Les Paul Custom in Cherry Sunburst with DiMarzios, and the Peavey with a Wizard Modern Classic 100 w. head with a Wizard 4X12.

Archived