Gibson Brands Forums

The Epiphone LP that may as well be a Gibson

Rabs

I called and talked to Pozz at the Georgia GC store, and he said he would help the manager of the store where I live with the order. Here in MN they did not know a thing about the guitars. Finally I am starting to get some answers and yes you have to pre-pay for this guitar as it is GC'c policy. I called Epiphone yesterday and was told that it looks like maybe Dec 15 for a release date for them. I am not holding my breath though. You would think they knew more than they do, but it seams they don't

Steve

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First pre-paying in full was my choice not GC- they asked for a deposit only - MY GC credit card offers 0% intrest for 1 year so it costs me almost nothing -- BUT I keep getting e-mails about replys/ comments about my post but nothing ever posts on this site ---- what gives with these replys and why don't the show up here?????

Big question guys??? Given the specs on this guitar what do you think of it? I don't really care for Lee Malia music but Epiphone to me is putting out a very nice guitar for the money. I know it would be hard to compare with the Gibson Les Pauls but lets try. Supposedly they are using USA Gibson electronics. How much difference could there be in the woods?

Steve

Well I bit the bullet yesterday and pre-ordered one of the guitars. We will now have to see how long it takes to get here. I was told that GC has only pre-ordered 3 of them so far, and that they are in fact in Epiphones system.

Well I bit the bullet yesterday and pre-ordered one of the guitars. We will now have to see how long it takes to get here. I was told that GC has only pre-ordered 3 of them so far, and that they are in fact in Epiphones system.

Well we know who 2 of those orders are from don't we [thumbup] [thumbup] [tongue] [tongue] [tongue] [tongue]

Received a note from Epiphone today stating:

The Ltd Ed Lee Malia Les Paul model from Epiphone is expected to be available in approximately 60 days from authorized Epiphone dealers . Thanks.

Best Regards,

Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

service@gibson.com

I don't think I will hold my breath on that statement.

Am I the only one who thinks that doesn't look great? :unsure:

No. I am not a fan of gold hardware or ornate fretboard/headstock inlays. I do like the brown finish, though. The pickup combo should be nice. I had a Duncan phatcat in the neck of one of my old Epi LPs and it rocked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1408132972[/url]' post='1553464']

The only thing I don't dig is the gold bits.. apart from that, that's a real purrdy geetar [thumbup]

http://www.richtonem...pienlcwlgh3.asp

Epiphone Lee Malia Signature Les Paul Custom Artisan

£599.00

Epiphone Lee Malia Signature Les Paul Custom Artisan Features:

•Designed in cooperation with guitarist Lee Malia of the award winning British metalcore band 'bring me the horizon'

•Gorgeous 'Artisan' appointments with updated electronics for todays modern player

•Gibson USA P-94 pickup in the neck position for FAT single coil tone

•Custom-made Gibson USA 84T-LM in the bridge position for powerful crunch tone with amazing clarity

•Coil-tapping on bridge humbucker for a wide variety of sonic combinations

•'1959' round 'C' profile Mahogany neck with Rosewood fingerboard

•Includes classic metal 'tulip' tuners and epiphone straplocks

N_031114C41_zpsb75b66d5.jpg

epiphone-lee-malia-les-paul-custom-artisan-21_zps8ef98729.jpg

epiphone-lee-malia-les-paul-custom-artisan-31_zps309d7b8e.jpg

GOOD LORD.....I WANT THAT...........DAMMIT...now im 2PoFoAEpI

I called Epiphone last week and the customer service rep on the line acted like I was insane for calling them to ask when they would be shipping them to the states. He said to call the dealer I ordered it from. For the life of me I just do not understand why a company can't be honest and up front with it's customers about about a timeframe. Since I have ordered it Epiphone told me to call them every few weeks to see if there is any new news on shipping dates. I have always been treated great when asking, but not this time. I was told they do not and never have had that sort of information. I explained I had called before and go it, but this time the 2 guys in customer service gave me the runaround. I have always been under the assumption that customer service was there to help and answer questions. The first guy I talked to told me he has been there for 14 years, and they have never divulged that sort of info. Perhaps I am wrong...............I sure hope someone from Epiphone looks at these post.

I ordered mine on Oct.3rd from GC. GC swears it will be delivered because I do have a purchase order number assigned to it from Epiphone. It just seams like the answer is always about 60 days out...............Don't know if it is a good sign or not but then have been shipping them to the music stores in England as several claim to have them in stock now.

Just frustrated....................

I have never called Epiphone about mine I let POZ at G.C. deal with them. He sent them ( G.C. Epi. sales rep NOT customer no service) a e-mail this week and is waiting for a reply after the holiday weekend is over. I'll let you know what I hear...

Archived