Gibson Brands Forums: Gibson Acoustics Made 2 Measure Program - Gibson Brands Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gibson Acoustics Made 2 Measure Program Also for Lefties

#21 User is offline   Leonard McCoy 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

Update #2

Radio silence and then...

My dealer just got word that Gibson is a go on the lefty Everly commission. The price has ever so slightly increased (by 5-odd per cent) from the previous inquiry where they offered to build a J-180 with split-paralellogram inlays only, but I can live with that since it is a reasonable price nonetheless.

Currently, I'm discussing with my dealer the final details of how Gibson is going to build the model in terms of specification options (not a fan of kidney-shaped tuner keys, for example; and if they are able to cram an Anthem/Anthem SL pickup in there, they totally should), but it's basically a done deal by now.

Since my dealer is going to issue a larger batch of various Made 2 Measure commissions, Gibson's time to build these (including my J-180) will be shorter than usual because Gibson would start building right away.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Leonard McCoy: 13 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony (Left-handed)
2002 Gibson "Goldtone" GA-15RV
1990 Ovation Legend L717 (A-bracing)

Finely transcribed Cat Stevens Guitar Tabs (fan project)

"Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history
was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now."óJol Dantzig, founder of Hamer Guitars

#22 User is offline   amp 

• Group: All Access

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

I got my custom lefty J-45 in March this year. They did a really good job I ordered through Music Villa in Bozeman and they gave me a really good price.
Itís a 1960ís retro finish in cherry red with white pick guard. Itís very light and sounds great. I brought it to the Gibson Homecoming this year.
I just tried to attach the picture but it tells me the file is too large, even though it says 500 limit and the photo is 500.
Anne

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users