Gibson Brands Forums

Bunch Of Slackers....

Murph

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is sad...

My J50 is a giant "meh" for me this past month. It's not even on the wall... it's in its case closed away. Never done this before. Right now I could sell it and be all fine with that. I am not, because I am hopeful in a month or so I will want to take it out, change strings, and play it again.

There.... that's guitar related. AND page 4.

..page 4...

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

NICE

and..

I'm not too concerned with your cooling off period on the J50, you know you're going back... it's not if, it's when... that one there is pretty much "YOU"...

I'm thinking a 12 string would be nice, and a resonator.

Yep! I re-acquired one last fall, my third one (??) like tele's I pick one up, don't play it for a while, sell it

then, have to find another one.

it's a niche thing I think, hard to justify a lot of money, but man, nothing sounds like a 12str I use it more than I thought I would..

(how close are we to page 5?????)

Yeah, almost 5 pages.........I played a gig on Friday night at a church coffee house. Lots of people considering who was playing. They said over 75 gluttons-for-punishment were there. The scalpers had a blast out in the crowded parking lot..... [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] Anyway, played my Walnut J100 and had several serious guitar pickers tell me the guitar is amazing. My standard reply to statements like that is "imagine how good it would sound if I knew how to play it." Whatever----it's one-hell-of-a guitar. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Yeah, almost 5 pages.........I played a gig on Friday night at a church coffee house. Lots of people considering who was playing. They said over 75 gluttons-for-punishment were there. The scalpers had a blast out in the crowded parking lot..... [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] Anyway, played my Walnut J100 and had several serious guitar pickers tell me the guitar is amazing. My standard reply to statements like that is "imagine how good it would sound if I knew how to play it." Whatever----it's one-hell-of-a guitar. [thumbup] [thumbup]

75! that's practically a shindig!

What are you using for sound these days?

75! that's practically a shindig!

What are you using for sound these days?

I'm using a Roland Street Cube ESP for my indoor stuff and the wineries I do outside in good weather.. 50 watts, but plays much louder. It has some effects, but I don't use them. Sit-up and take-down for cables and stands is 5-6 minutes and then into the car. Fast and easy and the amp is very sturdy. The place on Friday has it's own system, so I didn't need anything but the guitar........My Yamaha Stage pas 300 works well for the "music in the park" gigs during the summer.

I was arrested for claiming that some Taylor folks beat me up in a guitar hate crime, and then they found out I made it up. But its all good. I got off today.

(duck!)

I saw this good-looking gal playing a Taylor in the park and she was wearing one of those togas they give them. I acted like I was interested in the guitar while I casually tried to get a glimpse under her toga. Then, I found out it was a guy(you know how some of those Taylor owners are [scared] ). I'd have rather had a bunch of Taylor owners wearing their togas beat me up and chant over me.

I was arrested for claiming that some Taylor folks beat me up in a guitar hate crime, and then they found out I made it up. But its all good. I got off today.

You must be connected.

One of "them".

You could probably get away with smashing your Blackberry with a hammer, too.

I saw this good-looking gal playing a Taylor in the park and she was wearing one of those togas they give them. I acted like I was interested in the guitar while I casually tried to get a glimpse under her toga. Then, I found out it was a guy(you know how some of those Taylor owners are [scared] ). I'd have rather had a bunch of Taylor owners wearing their togas beat me up and chant over me.

hey! I never got a toga... my entire life is now a lie..

...and we made page 5 my work here is complete..

Archived