Gibson Brands Forums

If it was your $, WildKat or a P-93 Riviera?

mud guy

I'm going to Hoston for a week for work and was thinking of picking up either a P-93 riviera or a WildKat if I could get my hands on one. I'm looking for something that sounds different than my Dot, but probably still a semi or hollowbody.

any suggestions?

thanks

Cal

I'm going to Hoston for a week for work and was thinking of picking up either a P-93 riviera or a WildKat if I could get my hands on one. I'm looking for something that sounds different than my Dot' date=' but probably still a semi or hollowbody.

any suggestions?

thanks

Cal

[/quote'] I'd take either :- but first choice would be Wildkat .... demo'ed one, quite nice - have not tried a Riv, yet.

Riv Riv Riv, I am personally a 335 body style fan, i just really like the double cutaway, and you get 3 P90's as compared to 2, thats rightous, Plus once you spend some time with the pup combinations you can get some really killer tones, from gretsch , to even fenderish, to the classic gibby P90's, Id say the Riv, I also feel ( not that i really know anything about the guitar resale market) that the P93 will pull more cash if you ever want to sell it

Riv Riv Riv' date=' I am personally a 335 body style fan, i just really like the double cutaway, and you get 3 P90's as compared to 2, thats rightous, Plus once you spend some time with the pup combinations you can get some really killer tones, from gretsch , to even fenderish, to the classic gibby P90's, Id say the Riv, I also feel ( not that i really know anything about the guitar resale market) that the P93 will pull more cash if you ever want to sell it[/quote']

If the Wildkat had 3 P90s and a dark cherry finish, I'd go with it. But I will have to recommend the guitar that already has 3 P90s and a dark cherry finish.

Well, if it were "my $'s"... NOW, I would get the Wildkat, because I already have the P-93 Riviera. Both a great guitars,

though. One thing I prefer with the Riviera, is the easier upper fret access. But, it would probably depend on, your own

playing style, and needs, in that regard?

CB

If you're interested in both, I'd suggest the P-93 Riviera. Wildkats are still in production and readily available used (at fairly consistent prices), so I think you'd have an easier time scoring a Wildkat at some point in the future. If you buy the 'kat now, finding a 93 Riv later might be more iffy.

Guest icantbuyafender

wildkat hands down.

stands out, and will sound great. its smaller stature body is killer sounding with a comfort no other semihollow can offer.plus the bigsby and the fact you get to pick a color instead of only having 1 color. plus it aint sporting the 335ish look... dares to be different.. in a good way.

wildkat hands down.

stands out' date=' and will sound great. its smaller stature body is killer sounding with a comfort no other semihollow can offer.plus the bigsby and the fact you get to pick a color instead of only having 1 color. plus it aint sporting the 335ish look... dares to be different.. in a good way.[/quote']

+1. The Wildkat is a beautiful looking guitar having (dare I say it) a more youthful vibe to it.

Do these tempt you at all?

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

Well it tempts me, and I have a P93 and I like it a LOT.

The stock Epi photos of the Wildkat make it look pretty cheesey but your pics make it look a LOT more tempting Alan, even with the diesel headstock.

PS: I have no use for the middle P-90 in the Riviera, I just turn it down and use it like a 2-PUP guitar...

Well it tempts me' date=' and I have a P93 and I like it a LOT.

The stock Epi photos of the Wildkat make it look pretty cheesey but your pics make it look a LOT more tempting Alan, even with the diesel headstock.[/quote']

And it's much much better in the flesh too Brian.

Archived