Gibson Brands Forums

Whats the point of the double neck?

Naradien

I know... but the thing is with 12 strings even playing clean they will give you a very wide palette of harmonics while you play the 6 string... a thing that with only a 6 string is close to imposible... but I guess you can buy a pedal for that and spend the xtra $ the 2 neck cost in another guitar.

Buy a pedal instead of a guitar?

I don't f-ing think so....

I paid $2675 out the door for my Custom Shop EDS 1275 two years ago. THAT is a smoking deal!

There's nothing else from the Gibson Custom Shop for under $3k.

It's not just heavy, it's NECK HEAVY as hell, wants to point at the floor all the time.

Get a nice wide suede strap so it doesn't slide, and it takes your shirt with it while it points to the floor.

18 strings to tune, hell I'm already tired at that point!

18 strings to replace (take it to your local tech, pay HIM to do it)

Only 20 frets, and forget any access above the 14th fret because the body gets in the way.

Playing anything on the six is a new experience. Did you need to actually SEE where your fingers are?

Did I mention it is heavy?

Yeah, they suck.

I'll never sell mine.

I will give you a valuable piece of advice.

Buy one used.

If there was ever a guitar that is well-cared for and adult owned, this is it.

Everybody who buys one does exactly what I did.

I absolutely had to have it, it's beautiful, sounds heavenly, is stunningly well-made, and is just cooler than hell.

I never play it, it stays put up, and I guard it against any handling or misuse.

If I ever sell it, it will be pristine.

This is one guitar that pays to buy used, and the value will NEVER go anywhere but up.

Archived