Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

• 2 weeks later...

Fretplay - Nice nice tune, and really good laying - loved the transition about 1:40 to the bridge? This song is screaming for lyrics. Post more !

Thanks for those kind words Dulithdan, I recorded it as an instrumental but you are welcome to put words to it if you wish, you can import it into your recording system using a Youtube to MP3 Converter site.

I haven't written much recently but I did this attached song a couple of years a go.

• 3 weeks later...

BRAVO. This is what you sound like unprepared?

Well, well, weeeell, , , played that tune all my life, , , on and off - but the banjo and Fender Rhodes weren't prepared and I just said GO !

Apart from that, thanx for the comments guys - and stay groovin'. . .

Well, well, weeeell, , , played that tune all my life, , , on and off - but the banjo and Fender Rhodes weren't prepared and I just said GO !

Apart from that, thanx for the comments guys - and stay groovin'. . .

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] Double props for remembering all those lyrics ! What key was your harp?

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] Double props for remembering all those lyrics ! What key was your harp?

Had the lyrics on paper as I tend to screw up the last verse and didn't wan't burn out on several takes.

The modified 1953 J-45 is tuned down a whole step so played in D-finger-position, the key is C.

But the song starts with the chorus in G-position (which is an F)

Harp doodles were done afterwards as I had no stative - think it must have been a C.

Thanx Again

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, that is a seriously cool guitar. Listening on my little I-Pad' with its little almost non-existent speaker, are you intertwining 2 languages here? Interesting topic - no denying that it is a BIG thing today. I want to give this a better listen when I get on to my other station. Got any more?

Joe, that is a seriously cool guitar. Listening on my little I-Pad' with its little almost non-existent speaker, are you intertwining 2 languages here? Interesting topic - no denying that it is a BIG thing today. I want to give this a better listen when I get on to my other station. Got any more?

Thanks duluthdan,

Sri Yukteswar was Paramahansa Yogananda's guru. Yogananda brought Yoga to America in the 1940's. There will be a film about his life coming out next month called "Awake". I didn't know this when I recorded it yesterday. My wife googled him and told me. I have a short description on the youtube. I put a few yoga terms such as shanti, prem which means peace, love. Thanks for listening.