Gibson Brands Forums

GIBSON raid!!

Kineman Karma

If our federal government in conjunction with the US government try to take my GIBSON guitars from me!!

I give you NOTICE as a figure of speach [flapper] !! I have a shotgun for every Gibson I have...

Does the Government want to steel our souls next!

We are with you all the way from Down Under AUSTRALIA Henry...

If our federal government in conjunction with the US government try to take my GIBSON guitars from me!!

I give you NOTICE!! I have a shotgun for every axe I have...

Does the Government want to steel our souls next!

We are with you all the way from Down Under AUSTRALIA Henry...

I saw this and didn't understand what it was about....Do what!? Please explain. Why? Are they counterfeit Gibsons?

http://www.gibson.com/absolutenm/templates/FeatureTemplatePressRelease.aspx?articleid=1340&zoneid=6

Here's a link to the press release. As if Gibson hasn't been through enough with the flood, Chinese copies, and the recession! I've got to go with Henry on this one...give 'em back the wood. I've got to give Gibson credit for the tactful response though.

• 1 month later...

Go ahead and blame Obama if you want. But let’s keep things in perspective.

In particular, what about the many disasters the previous president was responsible for? Like plunging your country into a depression and bringing the world economy to near ruin, for starters.

The guitar wood issue is trivial in comparison to some of damage that the Bush - Cheney regime is responsible for. And there are now a lot fewer ordinary folks who can afford nice new guitars like Les Pauls, thanks to those imbeciles.

I'm not blaming anyone, just stating the facts. We're talking about what has happened to Gibson, and that happened on Obama's watch. What did or did not happen in previous administrations is irrelevant to this topic. But, typical of most liberals, you resort to the blame Bush mantra in a weak attemtpt to explain the myriad shortcomings of the present regime.

The Obama regime started all of this.

Actually , the revised Lacy Act was signed on 15 December 2008 by President Bush. Kevin Shea, the administrator responsible for the interpretation of the law was appointed by Bush in October 2004, so you'll have a hard time blaming Obama for the law or the people who came up with this action. Admittedly he could have called off the raid, but I doubt that sort of thing makes any President's daily calender.

Pffffft...why not blame Iowa Representative John F. Lacey, who introduced it,

and President William McKinley, who signed it into law. LOL Oh...they're dead!

Well, that must be Bush's fault, too.

Come on guys, we're all speculating, at best, whose fault all this is. Each party

will spin it, whichever way works best, for them. IF Gibson really did break the

law, they should pay the price. IF they are innocent, and the Government is overstepping,

their bounds, and authority, Gibson's lawyers will act, accordingly...I'm quite sure!

CB

The Obama regime started all of this.

The Lacey Act combats trafficking in "illegal" wildlife, fish, and plants. The 2008 Farm Bill (the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008), effective May 22, 2008, amended the Lacey Act by expanding its protection to a broader range of plants and plant products. The Lacey Act now, among other things, makes it unlawful, beginning December 15, 2008, to import certain plants and plant products without an import declaration.

The really questions is:

All other guitar manufacturers use Indian Rosewood.. so Why raid just Gibson?

Surely the real question is if the wood was illegal how did it pass through US Customs in the first place? Second question is why is Gibson the only manufacture being inspected and hit? :-k

The real questions is:

All other guitar manufacturers use Indian Rosewood.. so Why raid just Gibson?

Visited a different guitar factory last week. When viewing the "wood room" (awesome, by the way). One of the guides as asked about the type of Rosewood stacked in one area. "Rosewood?" the guide said, "You don't see any Rosewood"... :)

Archived