Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. WHAT?! This came out of nowhere. I’m a big fan of his. This is shocking and sad
  3. Welcome aboard. I escaped from Minnesota for good back in 1984, but do remember back in the day making my fair share of beer runs to WI on Sundays when we ran out.
  4. Have you been to the store in San Antonio recently? I have been debating driving down there to check it out for “gonga” deals, but I’m curious if they have much left in the way of inventory.
  5. The neck on my 1942 J50 is a very sweet round shoulder C carve clocking in at something just over 1.0" at the 1st fret with a 1.745" nut.
  6. It’s the nature of wood love it
  7. I had a prostate laser surgery in 2016 and had a catheter for 9-10 days. I had a long guitar strap holding the bag like a wine bag but lower. I took it out myself, standing over the edge of the bath tub. I saw my late father telling me to come towards the light.
  8. Look here: Gibson serial numbers (and FON's) / Guitar HQ
  9. You'll find your answer here: Gibson serial numbers (and FON's) / Guitar HQ
  10. …when the nurse pulls it out on about day 3 don’t watch, just mentally go to your happy place
  11. Steve had a heart attack. He produced many indie albums. He was 61. He was also in Shellac and Big Black.
  12. Or then again, , , remember how my 2010 45 Std. got some severe big circle-marks on the back in the early beginning - made by own mistake. It freaked me out, , , and a frantic buff-offensive was launched (no experience at all). This guitar had particularly thick/much lacquer (black slime, not nectar, dripped from the neck all summer) and the scratches remarkably fast got under control. Afterwards continuous cloth-work now & then erased the prob to invisibility. Thinking about it, the logic is pretty straight : Easier to affect soft than hardened material.
  13. Welcome, nothing wrong with a Strat.
  14. Have you tried Reverb?
  15. Welcome John, your post brought a tear to my eye.....very well said 😀
  16. Welcome Steve, hopefully someone can help identifying your guitar.
  17. Welcome, sweet guitar. Your country host an F1 race that's on my bucket list....SPA😀
  18. Certainly wishing you the most speedy of recoveries. You have been through a lot. Love the picture of you with your guitar. Happy thoughts.
  19. I'm not sure I'd agree with this. I got an Inspired by Gibson Humminbird (made in Indonesia before they started building them in China) and it opened up considerably after doing the old speaer vibrations trick for a couple of weeks--a totally different, and far better, sounding guitar.
  20. Excellent news Mesho, thanks for the update. Good for you John, your positive attitude is admirable. Keep up the good work, prayers and good vibes sent your way.
  21. Hi, my name is kris , i am from Belgium (europe). Last week i got a new gibson j-45 50’s. i love the sound and feel of the guitar. It has a big neck but plays very nice. I have normal to small hands. It is my first gibson guitar, and a nice edition to the rest of my collection. santa cruz d/pw furch oo vintage 3 taylor 714ce Ltd sinker redwood epiphone IBG hummingbird
  1. Load more activity