Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Custom Osborne SG

Rabs

Don't like the fret inlays (but I never really like ornate inlays)... But LOVE the wood on the body [thumbup] (they say its oak, didn't I mention an oak Gibson before ;))

I still say that if Gibson offered varying woods on their guitars it would be way more interesting than trying to add new features (but then that may just be me :))

original_zpsrjnb0kfh.jpg

osb_zpsnzf4su3r.jpg

Great wine and great guitars go together very well, and in that spirit, Gibson Brands and Osborne have joined forces to create a special guitar that will be on display at the Osborne Toro Museum in Spain.

This guitar is like nothing before it. This is the first and only Gibson Custom electric guitar that has been handmade in centennial wood from the same wine cask used to age the fine wine from Bodegas Osborne.

As the story goes, for more than a 100 years, Osborne has used this American oak to produce its wine. That same oak was recycled in the Gibson Custom factory in Nashville, Tennessee, to create this unique guitar, branded with the Osborne bull.

The result is the stunning Gibson Custom Osborne SG. The SG, of course, is an iconic Gibson guitar thats been used by everyone from Pete Townsend to Eric Clapton to Tony Iommi. The SG was a perfect fit, since it facilitated a design where the cutaways could replicate the horns of the Osborne Bull.

The guitar which also features 14-karat gold hardware was officially presented on Sept. 23 at the roof top of Mercado de San Anton in Madrid. Latin Grammy winner Diego García El Twanguero rocked the guitar for the first time.

The guitar will be on exhibit as part of the permanent collection at the Osborne Toro Museum at El Puerto de Santa María, Spain.

Meets my opinion. Blemishing beautiful woods with advertising seems a shame to me. The fretboard inlay hurts my eyes, too. <_<

Hello Capmaster!

In the Gothenburg Volvo museum there are three CS Les Pauls on display. They not only have the car manufacturers logo on the fretboard, but also the tops are carved into the shape of the hood of these cars. To make it worth, ignition key in place of the selector switch. Blasphemy.

Best wishes... Bence

... ignition key in place of the selector switch. ...

Could be a funny mod in particular for rotary switches like on L6S guitars, and perhaps easier to grab than the chickenhead with a flatpick in hand. I will think about that. [scared]

;)

Archived