Gibson Brands Forums

Just put an order in for my new guitar!

Squire

I've been in touch with Fullers in the US over the last day or two and have now put an order in for my birdseye maple Hummingbird Custom.

They expect it to take anywhere between 6-10 weeks. To say I'm excited would be a bit of an understatement!

I really like Fullers.

I've dealt with Jeremy on a couple buys. An all around A-1 guy.

It's a damn shame Gibson won't let them advertise or display their Gibson stock online - in fact it really sux.

Congrats on yer order.

Of course we're gonna want to see pics when see gets delivered. B)

Bird's-eye maple! That's really gonna be a looker!!! [thumbup] Can't wait to see some pics of that one! Congrats on your purchase. You know, of course, the next six-ten weeks is going to last forever! [flapper]

I'm with Larry, birds eye should be a stunner, we want pics!!!! Congradulations....

I see you are in the UK. I'm in Sweden, and about a year ago I contacted Fullers and Wildwood guitars, both in the US, looking to buy a J-45TV. Both told me Gibson did not allow them to sell outside the US. It seems as though that policy has changed. Good!!

Lars

I really like Fullers.

I've dealt with Jeremy on a couple buys. An all around A-1 guy.

It's a damn shame Gibson won't let them advertise or display their Gibson stock online - in fact it really sux.

Congrats on yer order.

Of course we're gonna want to see pics when see gets delivered. B)

I dealt with Jeremy too. First time I've dealt with Fullers and from the experience so far, I would deal with them again. You're right, it is a shame they can't advertise their Gibsons online. I still don't understand why others can and they can't. They obviously have good relations with Bozeman. [confused]

Bird's-eye maple! That's really gonna be a looker!!! [thumbup] Can't wait to see some pics of that one! Congrats on your purchase. You know, of course, the next six-ten weeks is going to last forever! [flapper]

I'm with Larry, birds eye should be a stunner, we want pics!!!! Congradulations....

Congratulations! It'll be a beauty, I'm sure.

Congrats! And yes, pics please!

Thank you. [smile]

Yes, I'll get some pics up when it arrives.

is this a one-off just for you? or are they planning another run of these?

Just a one-off.

I see you are in the UK. I'm in Sweden, and about a year ago I contacted Fullers and Wildwood guitars, both in the US, looking to buy a J-45TV. Both told me Gibson did not allow them to sell outside the US. It seems as though that policy has changed. Good!!

I wasn't aware of this policy. But yes, wasn't a problem shipping to Europe. [thumbup]

Another [thumbup] for Jeremy at Fuller's. My J-35 "reissue" just gets better every day. But hey, a birdseye maple Bird, how cool is that! Gonna stay with the cherryburst? Any other mods? I gotta give you credit though, I don't think I could wait that long.

Interesting ...but wouldn't that basically make it a Dove?

no... aside from cosmetics, the Dove is 25 1/2 scale length while a Hummingbird is 24 3/4. i believe bracing is slighltly different too. neck on a dove is also maple, but mahogany on a hummingbird.

BTW Modoc -

How about some details and pics of the guitar pictured in your avatar. . . Please.

That back is gorgeous. B)

Sure thing! it's my J100 Xtra (bubinga back and sides). the spec sheet didn't call for figured wood, this one was just the luck of the draw. just what they had laying around i guess! LOL. as a dealer, i took to long to take this guitar home for myself and sold it to a customer (reluctantly!). he was a regular so i told him i wanted the first crack at it if he ever decided to sell. 5 years later, i got that phone call. lucky me! here is a picture of the front, and a bigger one of the back. enjoy!

IMG00106-20100820-0209.jpg

IMG00109-20100820-0210.jpg

Another [thumbup] for Jeremy at Fuller's. My J-35 "reissue" just gets better every day. But hey, a birdseye maple Bird, how cool is that! Gonna stay with the cherryburst? Any other mods? I gotta give you credit though, I don't think I could wait that long.

Thanks. [smile]

I've gone with vintage sunburst, gold tuners and custom truss rod cover. Other than that (and the birdseye back and sides of course), it's the same spec as a modern classic.

Well I've been waiting a lot longer than that for one to become available on the market (new or used), but without any joy.

Archived