Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

je302

Got in my Latest toy today! Aaron Lewis Southern Jumbo #3 of the first 13. Aged & Signed w/ coa signed by Aaron & Ren! Guitar is amazing, the attention to detail in the aging is incredible, it even smells old! Sounds amazing to boot!

post-37268-039059600 1337976231_thumb.jpg

post-37268-052634200 1337976241_thumb.jpg

post-37268-082423100 1337976248_thumb.jpg

Congrats! That looks awesome!

One of the absolutely most impressive sounding guitars I have ever played was a real 1951 Southern Jumbo. I am still kicking myself for not buying it. As Gibson based the AL model on his 1951 SJ, I have been really keen on trying one out, but I have never seen one in person.

Enjoy!

it even smells old!

Gotta say that one made me laugh. First thought - how did Gibson manage to get that old wood, dust, throw in some BO and cigarette smoke and then let sit twenty year smell into a new guitar.

A big congrats Hoss.

Congratulations on your AL SJ, certainly loving mine.

The only thing that annoyed mine and I see its same on yours, is that while they do a great job 'aging' most parts of the guitar, the tuners are stock standard snow white new, which totally doesnt fit the look of the rest of the guitar.

The only thing that annoyed mine and I see its same on yours, is that while they do a great job 'aging' most parts of the guitar, the tuners are stock standard snow white new, which totally doesnt fit the look of the rest of the guitar.

Yours is not aged/relic'd around the soundhole is it EA? Is yours like the new old stock version? I'm sure I seen a pristine finish on your SJ, no?

It doesnt have the scratched or ('distressed' as Gibson marketing boys like to put it) look around the sondhole but the binding and double parallelgrams do have a darkened, 'aged' look.

IMG_3662.jpg

Yours is not aged/relic'd around the soundhole is it EA? Is yours like the new old stock version? I'm sure I seen a pristine finish on your SJ, no?

Thanks for the comments everyone, It really is a beautiful guitar and is a pleasure to play. Aussie, your right, the tuner knobs are too pearly white for my liking. I will try to work on posting a good sound-clip, as im not too technologically advanced.

Funny thing is while I like "relic" guitars when you own nothing but old guitars not a day goes by that you don't wish they looked like they did the day they left the factory. Ahhh, sweet mysteries of life.

[thumbup]

1338018926[/url]' post='1204071']

You can take some brown shoe polish rub it on the nobs, let it set for 20 min and wipe them off. Gives it that vintage look. Looks good.

Archived