Gibson Brands Forums

CHRISTmas

Gman

Religion ruined the world! Causes more strife than anything, more wars, more grief. Religion, sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our entire concepts of right and wrong, as well as our morality, are all the direct result of the influence of religion. Our unprecedented, inalienable civil rights come from our "Creator".

Now I'm not a religious person. But it's hardly religion that is ruining the world. Secularism and moral relativism is ruining the world. All the wrongs done in the name of religion aren't even a drop in the bucket compared to the appalling genocide committed by secularist, marxist regimes in the 20th century alone.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said what I said because that is what I believe.

I think you said what you said because you are a troll. You pulled the same stunt last year' date=' and getting the reaction you did, you pulled it again this year. [/quote']

rosewoody, i think you have hit the nail on the head. i've been thinking about this ( a little, not much) and i arrived at the same conclusion earlier today. when you look at gman's profile and his post count (31) it's not like he's a regular contributer to the discourse here. i would venture most of those 31 posts had something to do with this topic. i ( and we, to some extent) have been suckered, again. so to gman, merry christmas and mission accomplished.

Has anyone here tried those Tusq hardened plastic bridge pins from Graphtech before? I bought a set of pins and a saddle each for my J45 and for my D16. The tone of the Martin was vastly improved - almost sparkly, but the J45 sounds like a car accident. Has anyone else tried these?

bpbulk.jpg

Seems that a few really go out of there way. When all they have to do is read it, and if they don't like it or agree with it, go on to another post.Some of you have turned a simple caring post inside out and twisted it to suit your own agenda Hey to each there own Merry Christmas

Has anyone here tried those Tusq hardened plastic bridge pins from Graphtech before? I bought a set of pins and a bridge each for my J45 and for my D16. The tone of the Martin was vastly improved - almost sparkly' date=' but the J45 sounds like a car accident. Has anyone else tried these?[/quote']

Out of curiosity, why did you go for tusq and slotted pins?

Out of curiosity, why did you go for tusq and slotted pins?

Sorry, I meant saddle, rather than bridge. I had heard that the saddle and pins create a brighter tone and longer sustain. I had also heard that the saddle worked well with the under the saddle pick-up that I had in the Martin.

I'm going to guess that the majority of the change in the sound comes from the new saddle, rather than the pins. But the tone of both guitars changed markedly. The Martin certainly for the better, although I haven't noticed much improvement amplified. The Gibson sounded different too, but not better. Very ringy and loud. It might sound better played fingerstyle, but that's not how I play. Playing a chord was like putting silverware in your dryer. Yikes!

I asked because I just did the opposite: swapped out tusq saddle and plastic pins and replaced them both with bone, which I had heard would result in a better tone. I also opted to go with unslotted pins instead of the slotted ones my guitar came with, as I had read the slotted ones could cause problems down the road. The tone of the guitar (a J-100, BTW) was pretty good to begin with, but IMO it has gotten even better. It is less bright, but sounds richer and fuller than before, better balanced too, and it still has that (to my ear) characteristic Gibson "ring" in the B and high E strings. Very nice. I wonder if anyone else had had your experience with tusq on your Gibson.

Religion ruined the world! Causes more strife than anything' date=' more wars, more grief. Religion, sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Somebody obviously slept through History class.

The worst attrocities have virtually all been committed by states that banned religion:: Nazi Germany and Communist Russia - just to name two - were athiest states that slaughtered tens of millions more people than all the religious wars combined.

didn't we have a rather heated debate about this last year at the same time? we're not gonna do this again are we? while i appreciate a well meaning christmas wish' date=' not everyone believes the same thing, ya know?[/b'] i think this board should remain secular. it's a guitar forum after all. wish folks a happy or merry christmas but don't take it upon yourself to proselytize. it shows a lack of respect for other folks views.

+ a f'in million man.

Best of wishes for you guys in the forum, wether you celebrate or not.

Guess I got in late on this one. Nevertheless, I would really like it if someone ...ANYONE could point me to a chapter or verse in the bible where it's said that christians should celebrate the birth of Christ. I can't find anything. Christmas is, therefore (IMHO) a man-made holiday. I celebrate by giving, getting and throw in a little partying. Celebrate Christ's death if you're a christian through Holy Communion. I do believe it's the only requirement.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Wow! I never realized how many angry and bitter people are on this forum who get rattled at the mention of the Birth of Jesus and Christmas.

There are some interesting points of views to say the least.

But for some history - Santa was a real person who lived back around 350A.D. and he was a Bishop in the town of Myra which is located in modern Turkey. He was said to be very generous especially to the poor children living there. It was from his kindness and generosity that the theme of Santa began.

What I found truly interesting is the question or post about there is no bible verses that tell us to celebrate the birth of Christ. That is true. However, the birth of Christ is found in 2 different Gospels so the event must have a place of importance for christians especially if you believe that "All scripture is inspired..." so it seems to me that there is a precedence to remember the gift of Christ who was given.

Also, believer and non-believer cannot deny that time and history is separated by the birth of Jesus. This is why we have B.C. (Before Christ) and A.D. (anno domini which is latin for "in the year of our Lord).

The worst attrocities have virtually all been committed by states that banned religion:: Nazi Germany and Communist Russia - just to name two - were athiest states that slaughtered tens of millions more people than all the religious wars combined.

Just for the record' date=' Nazi Germay was not an atheist state and religion was not banned there. Germany was (and still is) a predominently Christian nation, Hitler himself and many top-ranking Nazi’s were Christian, and the Nazis often used Christian concepts and symbols to propagandize and justify their ideology and policies. If you’re interested in the subject, you should read Richard Steigmann-Gall’s [i']The Holy Reich: Nazi Conceptions of Christianity, 1919-1945[/i] (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003). There’s a review of it here. There are also several wikipedia pages devoted to the subject:

Religion in Nazi Germany

Adolph Hitler’s religious beliefs

Nazism (see section 4.5: Religion)

Anecdotally, here are some pictures from the Nazi era – including shots of Hitler, Goering, etc. – in religious settings and contexts. If religion had been banned, these pictures would not exist.

The reason our calendar is seperated by the birth of Jesus is because the church devised the calendar. The Jewish and Chinese calendars have totally different reference points. The calendar is merely an artificial invention of humans and only represents the views of those who devise it.

The reason our calendar is seperated by the birth of Jesus is because the church devised the calendar. The Jewish and Chinese calendars have totally different reference points. The calendar is merely an artificial invention of humans and only represents the views of those who devise it.

So is that you? do you use a Chinese or Jewish calendar? Or do you use the BC/AD system?

I would say the majority of the world uses the BC/AD system. Especially in the business world

merry CHRISTmas

happy HOLYdays (the original translation)

there really isnt any escaping the religious aspects that come with the season, but for thousands of years people will fight about religion and blah blah blah

i think the only way christians and non christians can wish each other well would go like this

hope you stay warm this winter and you have a chance to enjoy the best hot apple cider on the evening of the 25th of december

eusa_clap.gif=D> =D>

yay for me

Using the calendar based on christianity doesn't make one christian.

Nobody ever said it did, nor was that implied.

I think what it shows is that Christ trumps all efforts to stamp him out. The influence of Christ in our world is everywhere and will always be here no matter if one likes it or not. The calendar date at the top of each post is a testimony of Christ - as devised by a monk who developed our BC/AD calendar. So everytime you see, write, or even make reference to a date from the BC/AD calendar you can be reminded of Christ - one can like it or not.

plus 1

but dont forget wars in the name of religion, and killing in the name of god have been very bad also

look @ hostille islamic countries, killing in the name of allah

look @ ireland, killing people in the name of religion

look @ isreal and pakistan, they have been fighting for thousands of years

im a christian, when other people are ready to accept a belief system of their own, they will

hopefully it wont be too late

Archived