Gibson Brands Forums

CHRISTmas

Gman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? I re-read the posts and didn't see any of the "religious" people getting upset, you could make the argument that it's the non-religious folks who get their panties in a knot due to the rigidity of thier position...

By the way here is the biggest *** I could find on the internet...

Al-Gore-Inspirational-Poster.jpg

Lets turn a religious argument into a political one =P~ anyone? anyone?

haha jk

What? I re-read the posts and didn't see any of the "religious" people getting upset' date=' you could make the argument that it's the non-religious folks who get their panties in a knot due to the rigidity of thier position...

By the way here is the biggest *** I could find on the internet...

[img']http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/kellyg7809/Al-Gore-Inspirational-Poster.jpg[/img]

Let's turn a religous argument into a political one =P~ anyone? anyone?

haha just kiddin

I am a Christian. I don't believe one should be worried if they are politicly correct.I never intended to preach or force my belief on anyone. For those that believe, Merry Christmas. For those that don't, Merry Christmas.When you were a child did you worry about being politicly correct I know I didd'nt. I said what I said because I care. I hope and pray that I have the faith and courage to stand up for what I believe in no matter what the situation is. Good Night

I am a Christian. I don't believe one should be worried if they are politicly correct.I never intended to preach or force my belief on anyone. For those that believe' date=' Merry Christmas. For those that don't, Merry Christmas.When you were a child did you worry about being politicly correct I know I didd'nt. I said what I said because I care. I hope and pray that I have the faith and courage to stand up for what I believe in no matter what the situation is. Good Night [/quote']

I don't mean to be disrespectful of your beliefs so let me be clear. In general I am not offended when someone tells me Merry Christmas. In fact I appreciate the sentiment. It is those that know when It is offensive or are attempting to be noninclusive. Usually they have some kind of holy warrior for Jesus mentality. Or those that feel it is the duty of the government in our secularly mandated country to endorse a belief system, that drive my strong feelings on the matter. I don't want it and I don't want my kids indoctrinated into it. I will point out (mostly for KFC_Standard) as a progressive/liberal when my kids are old enough to make an informed decision on religion I will voice my opinion and that will be (and has been in my daughters case) followed by your old enough to make up your own mind.

Hey Homz...easy there big fella. Here's what the 1st ammendment to the US Constitution says, just so we're on the same page...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

And for the record, I'm not a big fan of organized religion, I am a big fan of personal faith. I'm against any form of government sponsored religion and that means I am against "secular humanism" which is also a form of religion, albeit, one that does not promote an deity, being forced down my throat by the all knowing progressives. The beauty of being human is that we all get to THINK whatever we want, each of us owns our thoughts. If people express thoughts or ideas that you don't care for, as a Progressive/Liberal, shouldn't you at least make room at the table for them?

I'm disgusted by American Idol and the Jonas Brothers, but I don't lose my cool if others like them. Why does the mention of Jesus cause you to go verbally postal? If people express thier faith in God, Allah, Buddha, Obama or Global Warming, that's great! Words and ideas can't hurt you or make you change your mind...so easy there big fella. Christians who evangelize to you aren'y trying to harm you if you don't agree walk away or ignore them. Why get so worked up?

Well here we are again It's that time of year when you notice people being extra nice to others' date='and giving gifts and good cheer.I hope we all remember what the true meaning of CHRISTmas really is CHRIST the child was born to be crucified on a cross for all our sins a man that was sinless. Guilty of nothing but Loveing man enough to give up his life so we may be saved. All we have to do is confess our Love for JESUS CHRIST and ask forgiveness of our sins and believe and have Faith in the SON of GOD Amen[/quote']

"I am a Christian. I don't believe one should be worried if they are politicly correct.I never intended to preach or force my belief on anyone. For those that believe, Merry Christmas. For those that don't, Merry Christmas.When you were a child did you worry about being politicly correct I know I didd'nt. I said what I said because I care. I hope and pray that I have the faith and courage to stand up for what I believe in no matter what the situation is. Good Night "

Well, G-Man, you can see where some might think you're preaching, despite your comment above. You are right about children not being politically correct, but that is one of the differences between children and adults. Adults understand that throwing out inflamatory remarks on an internet forum is simply bad form--you are taking advantage of a very liberal moderating position, and are abusing a good thing. This is why your first post would have been deleted from the Martin, Ovation, and Gear Page forums. And don't deny that your post is inflamatory--it happened as you well know last year, and I guess we have your "courage" to look forward to next year.

You are right about children not being politically correct' date=' but that is one of the differences between children and adults. Adults understand that throwing out inflamatory remarks on an internet forum is simply bad form--[/quote']

I LOVE Fender guitars!!! I said it, right smack dab in the middle of the Gibson forum. I LOVE Fender's- especially the Stratocaster, but I love tele's, jags, broad casters... man the whole lot. I love Fenders made in Japan, Mexico, and the USA. Wheew I feel better. :D/

:)

I don't know if this is inflamitory or not?

I'm offended that you think I was trying to offend postal workers!

And now for something truly offensive.....

jonas-brothers-zootopia-sp.jpg

Man, KSG you just MADE my day!!

My sister was in the room when i saw it i started laughing in a near-hysteria fashion. She came over (she's an uber-fan of the J***S B******S) and had a priceless look on her face.

Thank you. :-k/

"I LOVE Fender guitars!!! I said it, right smack dab in the middle of the Gibson forum. I LOVE Fender's- especially the Stratocaster, but I love tele's, jags, broad casters... man the whole lot. I love Fenders made in Japan, Mexico, and the USA. Wheew I feel better. :-k/"

I love Fenders too. Actually love Hamers even more. And G&Ls. Not so crazy about trolls.

Archived