Gibson Brands Forums

Blue Oyster Cult

CoreyT

Why have these guy's never been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

Buck's guitar leads sizzle, and many have wondered the same?

I was listening to these guy's back in the early 70s, and continue to this day.

They have some really great songs, some just not as well known as Don't Fear The Reaper or Godzilla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7KPZtcOVQ

Some believe the song below refers to vampires, a very haunting melody.

This was one of the first rock songs i was exposed to when in grade school{OMG IM THAT old? lol} Try playing this on gtr,its a blast. Along with some early Alice Cooper,Humble Pie,,,,,"life is good"

I doubt very much that Buck Dharma et al are so despondant that they are contemplating a leap and plummet off the Empire State Building for being snubbed yet again by the RRHOF.The RRHOF has become such a ridiculous entity that it has lost every shred of credibility it ever had-there never was much in the first place.It has become a bigger farce than such lame attempts at entertainment such as these "Toddlers In Tiaras" beautiful baby contests and it is every bit as insipid and mundane.They have passed over countless numbers of deserving talents who in their omission demonstrate that the RROF is far from being an true indicater of who really is a bona fide rock star who has earned a position of honor in the rock genre.With the inclusion of such artists as Leonard Cohen-who is a monster talent but not in the rock category-Donna Summer,ABBA and enough non-rockers to fill several pages, the RRHOF has proved conclusively that that its name is an incredible misnomer.

To yet again shun B.O.C. is just further proof of how out of touch and obtuse the voting committee is and in overlooking rock giants to let middle of the road crooners etc. join their "elite" membership they have opened themselves up to be the subject of ridicule to the point that they are well on their way to becoming a laughing stock.I think that if the practice of letting non-rock performers get all the accolades goes on much longer bona fide rock performers who have been chosen would skip going to the presentations as they so inconsequential.

With regard to B.O.C.,I have always been a huge fan and songs such as "...The Reaper" of course and "Godzilla" are in places of honor on my playlists and "I Love The Night" has got to be one of my altime favourite songs.Just this afternoon I was playing "....The Reaper" on my Firebird and got a monster tone from it.The intro to that song is one of the most recognized and iconic of all rock intros.

• 3 months later...

Why have these guy's never been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

Buck's guitar leads sizzle, and many have wondered the same?

I was listening to these guy's back in the early 70s, and continue to this day.

They have some really great songs, some just not as well known as Don't Fear The Reaper or Godzilla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7KPZtcOVQ

Some believe the song below refers to vampires, a very haunting melody.

One of my fav bands in the 70's. And my all time fave song I'm burning for you. And you're right who needs the HOF.

I'm a big fan.

My friends band was asked if they wanted to open up for BOC recently.

They were told that they had to sell so many tickets and such and such a price.

They declined. Their reason, "No way I'm going to sell $80.00 tickets to my friends to see us open for BOC. I paid $20.00 during the 70's to see BOC, Kansas, and another band."

No not interested.

And I don't think they should be in the Rock-n-Roll HOF. I don't see it happening.

Yeah they were tallented group, but HOF material—nah.

Archived