Gibson Brands Forums

Joining the Club!

Rosemarie

Hi!

My name is Rosemarie. I have a Les Paul Studio built in December 15, 1983. I bought him (I named him Steve after my hero Steve Clark) in 1988 when I was a Sophomore in High School. I even played him in Jazz Band in H.S.

I have been playing guitar on and off since I was 6. I haven't played for a long time because the visual impairment that I was born with has been complicated. My vision is stable now and I hope to get back to playing.

Here are some pictures of Steve.

IMG_20130621_202651_023.jpg

IMG_20130621_202555_924.jpg

Congrats, welcome to the club!!

I've only seen a small handful of Blue LP's that look good... this is one of them

Thank you, Bryan! :). It's one of the things that drew me to him. My favorite color is blue and I had never seen an Electric Blue Les Paul before and he plays beautifully. I have small fingers and I was able to play comfortable because of the nice narrow neck. I was originally gonna get a Start or a Tele, but I couldn't find one I could afford or play comfortably. I paid $450 for both my guitar and case.

I bought a Strat for my boyfriend (now husband) because he wanted to learn. He broke my heart when he sold it (actually he got ripped off!) for $150 to a local music store because he didn't have time for it. I almost DIED when he told me because I spent $375 for it BRAND NEW and it was only a year old and in MINT condition with all the paperwork! He was going to give me the money back when he sold it, but when he only got $150 he didn't know what to do. I told him that if he didn't want it anymoreI would have kept it! Live and learn, I suppose...

Thank you, Bryan! :). It's one of the things that drew me to him. My favorite color is blue and I had never seen an Electric Blue Les Paul before and he plays beautifully. I have small fingers and I was able to play comfortable because of the nice narrow neck. I was originally gonna get a Start or a Tele, but I couldn't find one I could afford or play comfortably. I paid $450 for both my guitar and case.

I bought a Strat for my boyfriend (now husband) because he wanted to learn. He broke my heart when he sold it (actually he got ripped off!) for $150 to a local music store because he didn't have time for it. I almost DIED when he told me because I spent $375 for it BRAND NEW and it was only a year old and in MINT condition with all the paperwork! He was going to give me the money back when he sold it, but when he only got $150 he didn't know what to do. I told him that if he didn't want it anymoreI would have kept it! Live and learn, I suppose...

Haha true... I have a couple of strats to go with my LP's, and I like the variety. I used to be primarily a strat player until I finally broke down and bought my first LP... now the strats don't get nearly the attention the LP's do!!

Welcome!

Congratulations on Your beautiful guitar! It has Tim Shaw pickups, right?

Cheers... Bence

Hi Bence!

To be honest, I'm not well versed on Steve's specs. Was kind of hoping people could educate me a bit. Steve is un modded (at least by me!), so I don't really know. I just know it was love at first sight and touch!

Welcome, to the "Nut House," Rosemarie! Nice looking Studio LP, you have there! [thumbup]

As to the Strat, not to worry...I have a feeling another one is in your future, at some

point. Les Paul's and Strat's compliment one another quite nicely![biggrin]

Cheers,

CB

Hi Charlie!

Money permitting, I'd LOVE to get my hands on an Eric Clapton Signature Series Strat or an SRV Signature Series Strat or another LP. Right now, it's not in the cards, but a girl can dream! :)

Welcome Rosemarie; Steve looks like a very capable instrument. Make him cry as often as possible. Since you mentioned wanting an EC Strat and you like blue, here's a picture of my CS EC Strat in Daphne Blue. They only made this color for one year, so they're pretty hard to come by. I looked for over a year before I found this one. One guitar that is in my future is a Rickenbacher 360 and Blueburst is high on the list just behind Mapleburst.

P4120040_zps3d93ff7b.jpg

Welcome Rosemarie; Steve looks like a very capable instrument. Make him cry as often as possible. Since you mentioned wanting an EC Strat and you like blue, here's a picture of my CS EC Strat in Daphne Blue. They only made this color for one year, so they're pretty hard to come by. I looked for over a year before I found this one. One guitar that is in my future is a Rickenbacher 360 and Blueburst is high on the list just behind Mapleburst.

P4120040_zps3d93ff7b.jpg

Drew,

That is a GORGEOUS EC Strat! I am drooling and envious all at the same time! I bet it plays nice, too! :)

Great looking LP!!!!!!!!!! Love the Blue!

Gotta love any guitar named after the one and only Steve Clark!

NHTom

Thanks, Tom!

I thought a one of a kind LPS deserved to be the namesake of a one of a kind guitarist! I was going to name him Eric (after Clapton, my other hero), but he didn't look or feel like an Eric to me. Steve just seemed to fit perfectly.

To the more Savvy LP owners, without opening up my guitar how would I be able to tell what type of pups I have? Where or how can I find out the specs for my guitar? I know when and where he was built, but how can I find his other specs? I got him 5 years after he was built so I am sure I was *at least* the second owner and didn't get any of the original paperwork.

Thanks for the help, can't wait to get schooled! :)

1372113850[/url]' post='1391315']

Thanks, Tom!

I thought a one of a kind LPS deserved to be the namesake of a one of a kind guitarist! I was going to name him Eric (after Clapton, my other hero), but he didn't look or feel like an Eric to me. Steve just seemed to fit perfectly.

To the more Savvy LP owners, without opening up my guitar how would I be able to tell what type of pups I have? Where or how can I find out the specs for my guitar? I know when and where he was built, but how can I find his other specs? I got him 5 years after he was built so I am sure I was *at least* the second owner and didn't get any of the original paperwork.

Thanks for the help, can't wait to get schooled! :)

Those stickers on the pickup rings, do they look like this?

8525919609_71de367fcc.jpg

The font on the sticker would look exactly like the one on the bottom of mine. Shaws also have an ink stamp on the bottom the would look like this;

9055494894_04ff284cd2.jpg

The first three numbers might vary and the second three digits are the date they were made. Mine were made in June '82.

Hi Rosi,

welcome to the club. You remind me of my sweetheart. She even gave her blue car a name ... she said: "Sure, she gave that guitar a name ... we are women" [biggrin]

Regarding the pickups I would drop Gibson support a mail ... with the serial number they should be able to tell you, which stock pickups they used for this model.

Hi Rosi,

welcome to the club. You remind me of my sweetheart. She even gave her blue car a name ... she said: "Sure, she gave that guitar a name ... we are women" [biggrin]

Regarding the pickups I would drop Gibson support a mail ... with the serial number they should be able to tell you, which stock pickups they used for this model.

Thanks, Chris, I will do that! :)

My logic for naming him was that some guys name their cars or their gun so why shouldn't I name my guitar? It gives them a personality. :)

Those stickers on the pickup rings, do they look like this?

8525919609_71de367fcc.jpg

The font on the sticker would look exactly like the one on the bottom of mine. Shaws also have an ink stamp on the bottom the would look like this;

9055494894_04ff284cd2.jpg

The first three numbers might vary and the second three digits are the date they were made. Mine were made in June '82.

Thanks, CJS, but I have no real intention of opening map the guitar. Call me chicken, I guess! Another poster suggested I contact Gibson so I think I will see what info they can provide. I will admit, though, it is neat to see what the rest of the pickup looks like! :)

Archived