Gibson Brands Forums

Fantasy cars.

LarryUK

And I'd like one of these for driving to work - no gas, no emissions, bit 10k to retrofit your garage for charging it.

Pup had to get all ENVIRONMENTAL on us [tongue]

I guess we need more like you to counteract the likes of me. I remember seeing gorgeous Darryl Hannah driving one of these in KILL BILL. I liked the car before but she just took it to another level of bad a$$! I bet its like 16 MPG, hahaha but it can stop a MF train!

76_TransAm.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

And I'd like one of these for driving to work - no gas, no emissions, bit 10k to retrofit your garage for charging it.

Nissan_Leaf.jpg

No emissions? How's your electricity generated? I keep having to explain to people over here that their electric car is, in fact, coal powered.

Guest Farnsbarns

By solar panels on the roof, silly.

Wow, I wish I had enough roof, or enough sun to run my house and car. [cursing]

My all time favorite.............when that big lottery check rolls in........De Thomaso Pantera GT5.....

When it comes to De Tomaso I prefer the earlier non-spoilered Panteras but my all-time favorite De-T has always been the Mangusta. Simply stunning from every angle;

Mangustarear_zpsdf17496b.jpg

Can you imagine the tingle you'd feel just slipping into that seat and tickling the 289 (4.7) Hi-Po V8 into action?...................

P.

Oh, a Tatra 77 would indeed be nice.

I remember reading an article written by a journalist for a motoring mag who had found one for sale in the UK.

It was hilarious. The poor car hadn't been kept very well and it just kept on breaking down every ten miles or so.

But the potential was fascinating....

My very first car was a '59 Beetle. I kept it for ten years and became quite immersed in the VW scene at the time.

For all us 'Buggers' the Holy Grail - the '59 Les Paul Standard, if you like - was a Hebmuller.

Here's a rather gorgeous '49.

Heb_zps794382b8.jpg

There were approx 700 made between '49 and '53. Only one was made in this last year and, oddly enough, I came across it being used as a wedding car in the centre of Heidelberg of all places!

There are a few in the UK including what is reckoned to be the only hardtop Hebmuller ever made.

P.

That is sweet!!! I had a 74 hardtop as my first car and a 71 convertible in college (it was older than me by a year). Loved bugs. I even spent several months looking for old bugs when my son turned 16 a couple of years ago.

But my dream car would be a 66 split window Corvette (although I recently got to drive some new Porsche 911's and that would be high on the post lotto list too)

My dream cars are Packards from the 30s mostly but many from the 40s and 50s too.My favourites are the 12 cylinder Dual Cowl Phaetons from '34-'36,they are among the most beautiful cars ever created.As far as sports cars go I love the Lancia Stratos and the Ferrari/Fiat 246 Dino,which shared the same Ferrari designed engine and had very similar handling and ability to stick to the road.The '62-'64 Ferrari 250 GTO with the potent Ferrari 12 cylinder engine is another fabulous car and Even if I won a lottery I wouldn't be able to afford one because they are now hitting the $16,000,000 and up mark.As far as luxury cars go I'd pick a circa 1952 Bentley Continental,blinding speed plus opulent creature comforts.

Too much Italian and American stuff so far...(fur coat with no knickers :blink: )

Bentleys from the late 20's(oh so very yes indeed)

SS Jaguars from the 30's... [thumbup]

Much Brit wheels from the 40's 'n 50's...

Triumph, Riley, Wolseley, Healey, Bristol, Jaguar, Alvis, Bentley, AC, Lotus...

Halcyon days

Today I would settle for that desirable(and economical) Jaguar XF Estate Car... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

@ Versatile

In highschool I would drool over the Jag in the neighbor's garage. Nothing special, they're just shaped different...in a good way.

Then I heard they have a lot of trouble and are in the shop a lot and it made me sad.

I have to say, the fancy low sports cars of today do nothing for me. I have a friend with a Ferrari and though I would be thrilled to go really fast in it, I don't look at it with longing. The magic happens INSIDE the car....wait that just sounded bad [tongue]

I secretly drool over BIG trucks. You get respect on the road, maybe not once you park, but on the road you do. I've been living in Texas too long. [blush]

Too much Italian and American stuff so far...(fur coat with no knickers :blink: )

Bentleys from the late 20's(oh so very yes indeed)

SS Jaguars from the 30's... [thumbup]

Much Brit wheels from the 40's 'n 50's...

Triumph, Riley, Wolseley, Healey, Bristol, Jaguar, Alvis, Bentley, AC, Lotus...

Halcyon days

Today I would settle for that desirable(and economical) Jaguar XF Estate Car... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Nice selection but I'd rather spend my weekend playing my guitars than tinkering with a car so it would be drivable once or twice a month! (I've owned at least two cars from that list!)

Well I finally got some pictures downloaded of a few hot rods i had about 10 years ago.Boy and I thought I missed some guitars I sold. Ford model 29 T with a 392 hemi,dual quad and a 411 rear end.

CCF07242013_00004.jpg

O well one more Of 5 pics I down loaded,I wonder what this would be worth now.After watching that counting customs probably a good bit.It's a 1966 Ford Mustand fastback and it was all redone by the gut I got it from.Not sure I ever liked the orange strypes but it was comfortable and went darn fast.289 eng,headers and a dual point distributer.I wish I had pictures of my other mustangs I had a 64 1/2 with a the origional 260 eng. and a 1965 Shelby mustang 350 Oh Well.

CCF07242013_00001.jpg

CCF07242013_00000.jpg

I like yours also ! They're just fun to drive

Not mine yet. Just dreaming for now. Hopefully next year or possibly sooner.

How is the visibility sitting in the driver's seat? I heard it is limited. Haven't test driven one yet, don't want to get caught in the dealer trap until I'm actually ready to buy.

Archived