Gibson Brands Forums

Bought Another Gibson--just added (PUBLIC) video of Dove

MissouriPicker

The nut width measures out to 1 3/4". Don't know if that is considered wide or narrow. It feels wide to me, but I'm just comparing it to a Blue Ridge that is too narrow for me.

No no, my eyes failed me.

The pleasant 1 3/4 is the Gibson standard nowadays, isn't it. Have the feeling even Martin adopted or reintroduced it recently.

Maybe I thought of the Anniversary, which have the mid-60'ties 9/11 - and as said : It looked a bit narrow from my angle.

I'd like to both congratulate you on your great deal, but also to thank you. Feeling your excitement actually made me crack open my Dove and enjoy it again.

I, too, got a $1600 deal on a Dove that made me happy. I loved the guitar right off, but considering I'd traded away my Hummingbird for a rare J-45, I was missing my Bird. Even with a Sheryl Crow C&W on hand.

I still can't decide. You have both, so you'll have to keep me (us) updated on how your relationship between the Dove and the Hummingbird go. Which one inspires you most. Which one you find yourself picking up more often.

These are GREAT problems to have. Made more exciting for me since I'm awaiting delivery of a used Southern Jumbo because I was done buying guitars three guitars ago and well you understand.

Why is something so pleasurable also so difficult?

(Maybe because bills come due?)

Ah, let's all play!

Archived