Gibson Brands Forums

Well now

ol fred

Received a phone call at 3:30pm from the UPS store. They asked if I had an estimate of repairs for the guitar. I replied that an estimate of repairs was a moot point because the collectors value of the guitar was destroyed. They than told me that the guitar should be packaged so that UPS could pick it up because the claim has been approved. MY response to her was that as soon as I saw something in writing that guaranteed that the full value of my claim would be paid they could pick up the guitar.

When you're in the right Karma is a wonderful thing.............................................especially when you have a great attorney.

Excellent news!!! Seems like you did all the right things too. After 30 yrs of negotiations with vendors & clients, and the 3-4 training seminars that I've taken, it always pays to be:

1) Polite-nice but firm

2) Have a clearly defined outcome outlined for them & why

3) Produce overwhelming evidence to your side of the equation

4) Give them the chance to be the "Hero" or make them be the "Donkey rear end"

5) Keep things framed as "win-win" instead of "win-lose"

6) At last resort, turn to the "big voice" and explain the line in the sand and what will happen if crossed.

It feels good to be in the right & have things turn out properly & justly don't it!!! [biggrin]

Glad things worked out on things Fred. Couldn't be happier. [thumbup]

Aster

Fred...this is the 30's era J35 you're referring to? Can I track it down to buy?

This is a 1958 Country Western. Livemusic is in possession of the guitar and still wants it.

Edit: if it were a 30's J-35 U would have insured it for at least another two dollars.

Received a phone call at 3:30pm from the UPS store. They asked if I had an estimate of repairs for the guitar. I replied that an estimate of repairs was a moot point because the collectors value of the guitar was destroyed. They than told me that the guitar should be packaged so that UPS could pick it up because the claim has been approved. MY response to her was that as soon as I saw something in writing that guaranteed that the full value of my claim would be paid they could pick up the guitar.

When you're in the right Karma is a wonderful thing.............................................especially when you have a great attorney.

It's getting close to getting the cash!

I will save my congratulations until you have THAT in you hot little hand in case they pull another shifty one.

BluesKing777.

Excellent news!!! Seems like you did all the right things too. After 30 yrs of negotiations with vendors & clients, and the 3-4 training seminars that I've taken, it always pays to be:

1) Polite-nice but firm

2) Have a clearly defined outcome outlined for them & why

3) Produce overwhelming evidence to your side of the equation

4) Give them the chance to be the "Hero" or make them be the "Donkey rear end"

5) Keep things framed as "win-win" instead of "win-lose"

6) At last resort, turn to the "big voice" and explain the line in the sand and what will happen if crossed.

It feels good to be in the right & have things turn out properly & justly don't it!!! [biggrin]

Glad things worked out on things Fred. Couldn't be happier. [thumbup]

Aster

You might also add:

7) Write down the name, time and, summary of every phone conversation you have with ANY person from the company regarding your claim.

I can understand Fred's upset at being accused of fraud and trying to ship a damaged guitar....I would have gone ballistic on that one. Once again, I'm thinking that all of this happens under the auspices of legal advice in order to discourage claims....

By the way, this damaged guitar will be bought by someone from the company or the insurer, repaired and sold again, so it is NEVER a total loss for the insurer, I'm not shedding tears for them...

I would NEVER shed a tear for any insurer Wily

they make enough bloody money

Nice one FRED.... you just had to go through the rigmarole of a new cklaim and the system..I knew it would come good...your back ground in law enforcement and business gives you good standing as an upright citezen..

me on the other hand,,,hehehe..just joking

good one Fred..all the best

You might also add:

7) Write down the name, time and, summary of every phone conversation you have with ANY person from the company regarding your claim.

You got #7 right as rain Wiley!! I missed that as I have this great contact manager I use all day. Make notes with everyone I've visited with, quotes, what we agreed on, info I relayed etc. In this "day of the lawyer" or "you said" world, I need that to CMA daily!! [biggrin]

I don't shed any tears for Ins. Co's either, as I've gone 20 rounds big time with them and, even in the right, got it in the end w/o the benefit of the Vaseline!! However, I will say this about that. If we knew about all the fraud daily they have to sort out it would boggle our minds. Also, we could prolly loose 40% of our premiums.

Aster

Aster

Archived