Gibson Brands Forums

Used LP's

Zeppeholic

Hello,

I'm looking for some used Les Pauls of any age for $2,000 but here is what I need;

* 60's slim taper neck (preferably rounded)

* Solid body

* Sunburst color (so like H-cherry, Light burst or any other sunburst except desert)

* 2-3 pickups (three would be cool!)

* Rusting stop bar/tune-o-matc and tuners is fine, as long as it's replacable!

* Good condition finish (no major scrapes and chips in the paint)

I've looked a few places, but I want to see what you guys come up with, I've checked GC, any help or suggestions would be helpful!

I'm basically looking for a cheap LP I can replace the pickups on

Thanks!

...here is what I need;

* Solid body

With that one condition you are drastically narrowing down your choice to either an Historic re-issue, a pre-1982 guitar or a 2013 Traditional.

I would strongly advise you to accept weight-relieved models as well.

Jus' sayin'

P.

With that one condition you are drastically narrowing down your choice to either an Historic re-issue, a pre-1982 guitar or a 2013 Traditional.

I would strongly advise you to accept weight-relieved models as well.

Jus' sayin'

P.

Maybe he means solid body vs hollowbody.

With $2k you can get easily get a nice used LP. I usually check Craigslist.org in my area and I come across quiet a few mint LP in you budget.

Have fun, be patient(if possible at all) and good luck on your search for your baby!

Thank you, i will certainly try crieg's list!

With the exception of the 50's neck, the Traditional has what you want. I got a scratch and dent honey burst from Zzounds for $1750. They don't seem to have a sunburst now but they have had several for that price in the last few months.

8645582099_92c56b7cca_z.jpg

do you think they can shave the neck down for me?

+1. Thick 50s necks are great for those nice bold bluesy bends and vibratos. [thumbup]

The slight difference is no problem...in fact it is very comfortable and fast, you will get used to it in a half hour and love it in a day or so...

Why would you want to change the pups?

Just asking...

mark

Don't shave the neck down.. you'll get used the thicker neck.
+1. Thick 50s necks are great for those nice bold bluesy bends and vibratos. [thumbup]
+1 for 50's profile necks. [thumbup]
The slight difference is no problem...in fact it is very comfortable and fast, you will get used to it in a half hour and love it in a day or so...

With all due respect, gentlemen, I disagree with all of the above.

I've had my R9 for three years and I'm still not comfortable with the thickness of it's neck. I doubt I will ever be truly happy with it. It spoils (for me) what is an otherwise outstanding instrument.

P.

I've had my R9 for three years and I'm still not comfortable with the thickness of it's neck. I doubt I will ever be truly happy with it. It spoils (for me) what is an otherwise outstanding instrument.

P.

In this respect I think I really am a lucky one. Neck thicknesses, fretboard radiuses, fret wire dimensions and scale lengths of guitars make very little differences for me, scale lengths on basses a bit more. Unfortunately I am rather sensitive to both neck width and string spacings at the nut on guitars due to my wide fingers.

You are looking at a 2006 GIbson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus Heritage Cherry Sunburst.

This is one incredible Playing and sounding LP as well. The original pickups have been upgraded to deliver a little more punch in the bridge with a GIbson 498T model, and a Motor City Antiguity model for both Fat and vintage Les Paul tone.

The neck shape is a 60's.

Overall the guitar is in VERY GOOD condition. There is however some small wear marks. There are 2 small dings on the top (one is covered by the pick guard when installed) and then some wear on the back side (Please view all pics)

The fret condition is EXCELLENT.

Weight 9.2 lbs

$1,800

A bunch of pictures Are here

06-lespaul-03.jpg

LP-2006-10.jpg

LP-2006-out1.jpg

LP-2006-out10.jpg

LP-2006-out4.jpg

Archived