Gibson Brands Forums

should i buy it?

Tobougg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's the "dodgy" looking mim i own.

are you serious about $300 for a fake? how the hell can they make a guitar that cheap?

and especially if it's fake it sounds and feels really nice... you'd think a guitar that cheap would feel/play like a banister off of your stairs

That's how much they are if you buy them straight from China, $300. That's why nobody in their right mind would not spend more than $300 on a fake. The guitar that you posted pics of is a fake. It does not look like a fake, it is a fake. It is only worth about $300. If you like it, fine, offer $300. The grain on the top is not even close to being the same in to two pics above.

That's how much they are if you buy them straight from China, $300. That's why nobody in their right mind would not spend more than $300 on a fake. The guitar that you posted pics of is a fake. It does not look like a fake, it is a fake. It is only worth about $300. If you like it, fine, offer $300. The grain on the top is not even close to being the same in to two pics above.

see this is the problem. i actually like the guitar (maybe i liked it more because i thought it was a les paul so it felt better by way of the placebo effect).

well i think if it is a fake then i'll report the guy rather then offer him anything. in case someone buys it

Guest Farnsbarns

Yes, those fakes can be bought for $300, they are utter crap, made of pine or ply very often, sometimes MDF. The flame is likely a transfer or a veneer. If you think it sounds and feels great you have inferior senses.

I most certainly will not be connecting with you on Facebook, I think you might be insane. Why on earth would you suddenly announce, mid post, that you have a girl friend? Weird!

You were told several reasons why the guitar is definitely fake, it would have taken no more than 5 minutes on Google to confirm that each and every one of the reasons cited was absolutely a positive way to identify a fake.

You constantly contradict yourself, as pointed out several times. Each time one of the realities you portrayed simply must be a lie.

This is the third ridiculous thread you've started. You are either a troll, a man fishing for tips on faking guitars (and I think you've been on here before with a fake vintage les paul under a different name) or you are literally the thickest person on the planet. All good reasons to ignore you.....

and you are a complete and utter wanker to be honest.

if you looked at my photobucket like everyone else did, you would realise why i said about the girlfriend.

and the thing you said about me using another name selling a guitar is nothing short of slander.

you're a pr*ck, whoever you are.

Yes, those fakes can be bought for $300, they are utter crap, made of pine or ply very often, sometimes MDF. The flame is likely a transfer or a veneer. If you think it sounds and feels great you have inferior senses.

I most certainly will not be connecting with you on Facebook, I think you might be insane. Why on earth would you suddenly announce, mid post, that you have a girl friend? Weird!

You were told several reasons why the guitar is definitely fake, it would have taken no more than 5 minutes on Google to confirm that each and every one of the reasons cited was absolutely a positive way to identify a fake.

You constantly contradict yourself, as pointed out several times. Each time one of the realities you portrayed simply must be a lie.

This is the third ridiculous thread you've started. You are either a troll, a man fishing for tips on faking guitars (and I think you've been on here before with a fake vintage les paul under a different name) or you are literally the thickest person on the planet. All good reasons to ignore you.....

the fact that you refer to the sound of a cheap guitar being worse than the sound of an expensive guitar even though i told you it has the better pickups in

it means you don't know what you're on about anyway. the pickups, bridge and nut make the sound. nothing more (when plugged in of course).

Guest Farnsbarns

and you are a complete and utter wanker to be honest.

if you looked at my photobucket like everyone else did, you would realise why i said about the girlfriend.

and the thing you said about me using another name selling a guitar is nothing short of slander.

you're a pr*ck, whoever you are.

I did look at your photo bucket account, hilarious! Loved all the computer game screen shots and very interesting stuff about rogue T1's. I bet you're a blast at a dinner party.

I must say, I'm very hurt by the names I was called, I mean, the opinion of a weird, lying nut case is of utmost importance to me.

Oh, and just FYI, it was a lot short of slander, clearly stated as an opinion, get over yourself.

And.... If you think the pickups, bridge and nut make the sound from a guitar you appear even stupider. I've always been partial to strings myself, that aside, wood and resonance are of far more importance than any of those things.

I did look at your photo bucket account, hilarious! Loved all the computer game screen shots and very interesting stuff about rogue T1's. I bet you're a blast at a dinner party.

I must say, I'm very hurt by the names I was called, I mean, the opinion of a weird, lying nut case is of utmost importance to me.

you go to dinner parties do you? do you wear a Cravat? i bet you do.

where about's in london do you live

Guest Farnsbarns

you go to dinner parties do you? do you wear a Cravat? i bet you do.

where about's in london do you live

[thumbup]

You're becoming quite good fun! I do go to my friends houses for dinner, often, I have friends! We even use knives and forks.

[thumbup]

just our of interest, the guitar i was looking at that i started the thread about, is actually mahogany. im certain of it

and it looks like a maple cap. and it's definitely rosewood on the fingerboard. not sure how i can tell if the top is a vaneer though,

but it's definitely the proper materials as far as i could tell when i was looking at it and he had the pickups out

You know I seem to remember you from somewhere...

well i've never signed up to guitar forums before apart from these 2 recently. so it's not from here i wouldn't say

but i was into online gaming for years (mainly wow), erm im from ireland (but lived in london for years).

what other kind of stuff are you into? it's possible we know eachother i suppose!

You were on the Fender boards same name

And Im the one who answered your questions about the crack in your body

ah yes! cheers for that. let's hope you're correct about the crack. i know it's not an expensive

guitar in the grand scheme of things, but it';s still a nice thing and i've had it for so long, id hate for anything to happen to it,

and about the arguments.. yeah maybe you're right lol.

like the big one i was going through for a while was tone. i basically proved to myself that tone has nothing to do with your guitars

wood etc when it's plugged in. and everyone had a sh*t man... literally

Guest Farnsbarns

Lovely bit of knackered pine wardrobe there mate.

@ Tobougg. Give up on gibson ownership fella, they're not for you. Your ears are so bad you can't tell when you're playing a plank and you want to spend €€€€ on a guitar. Pointless, save the cash and get a decent but cheaper guitar, an Epiphone perhaps.

Archived