Gibson Brands Forums

New Family Photo

swampash

Nice looking group. Tell me about your Takamine acoustic. Been thinking about getting one. What model is it? How does it play and sound? How does the neck feel? I been wanting a nice playing acoustic but want to be able to play lead on it with out my fingers going to shreds. Tim

Nice looking group. Tell me about your Takamine acoustic. Been thinking about getting one. What model is it? How does it play and sound? How does the neck feel? I been wanting a nice playing acoustic but want to be able to play lead on it with out my fingers going to shreds. Tim

My Takamine is a 1989 Ltd Edition. I've owned it for about a year. The neck is beautiful (very like a Fender neck) and for a small bodied single cutaway, it's got lovely acoustic tone. Unfortunately the on-board preamp died a few months back and I can't get a replacement and it's beyond repair. I've got a crappy cheap Seymour Duncan sound hole pickup in it which is awful so when I get some cash together I'll buy and LR Baggs or a Fishman which won't be cheap.

That's a fine, eclectic selection of guitars, swampash.

[thumbup]

It's slightly bizarre in that in one way, knowing some of the others which have passed through your collection, seeing what you have kept builds a portrait of your likes and dislikes...

P.

That's a fine, eclectic selection of guitars, swampash.

[thumbup]

It's slightly bizarre in that in one way, knowing some of the others which have passed through your collection, seeing what you have kept builds a portrait of your likes and dislikes...

P.

Yep.....pretty obvious he likes to get his hand up...............................................................up on the dusty end.

Now that I've gotten my 2nd Rickenbacker, it's going to be a while before I'll be able to afford another Guitar. Here's my collection.

C708313A-4F1E-4BF3-A2B3-04461C93C5D8_zps6fzbwylh.jpg

The 2nd most precious family in my House. :)

Nice guitar collection...but you're missing two things: a pick on the Ric. and a Les Paul. [flapper][biggrin]

Archived