Gibson Brands Forums

Which nerdy space sci-fi show do you prefer?

SRV-Zeppelin

I'm a huge sci fi nut. But I have to agree with Homz about the new Battlestar. It's the best new sci fi out there' date=' though I did dig Farscape when it was on.[/quote']

I love Farscape too. I've got em all on DVD.

WOW, SOMEONE ACTUALLY AGREED WITH ME ON SOMETHING. WHO'S DA MAN.

old.................cap..........tin........................kurk

was........................the....best............

............but................sta......r............wars....

is...........................also......................high.....

.............in...........veiwer...........watchi.......ng...

....................pleasure......................

be-de-beep

I've spent alot of time in airports' date=' on airplanes and in hotels traveling so, I prefer Sci Fi books they are better than TV IMHO, my favorite authors include:

Larry Niven

Isaac Asimov

Jerry Pournelle

Robert Heinlein (before his mental problems became so obvious)[/quote']

If you haven't recently. Reread the Frank Herbert series. The Dune series rocks.

I love Farscape too. I've got em all on DVD.

WOW' date=' SOMEONE ACTUALLY AGREED WITH ME ON SOMETHING. WHO'S DA MAN.

[/quote']

Homz, on this one, You da man. Farscape rocked. And for some reason, the bright colored chicks were so hot. Go figure. And Scorpius was a really badass badguy. I actually participated in the attempt to stop Sci Fi Channel from cancelling the show. They stopped it when it was just getting really good.

I prefer Sci Fi books they are better than TV IMHO' date=' my favorite authors include:

Larry Niven

Isaac Asimov

Jerry Pournelle

Robert Heinlein (before his mental problems became so obvious)[/quote']

Hear Hear! I agree with you and Homz on this one. BTW, ever read the War against the Chtorr series by David Gearold? He was the guy who wrote some of the really good original Star Trek episodes. The Chtorr series is very good. Give it a try. If I'm wrong, feel free to blast me on my inability to suggest good sci fi.

I'll check Gearold out as soon as I've finished your book...I'm still waiting from UPS to deliver it. I hope it gets here soon' date=' as I'm going on a road trip next week.[/quote']

Did he sign it for you. If so I might be placing my signed order.

I'll check Gearold out as soon as I've finished your book...I'm still waiting from UPS to deliver it. I hope it gets here soon' date=' as I'm going on a road trip next week.[/quote']

KSG, I am truly thankful to you for laying down your hard earned money for a copy of my book. I hope you get your copy before your trip. I spoke with the publisher today, and we've been thankfully selling copies at a good clip, almost as fast as we can print them. This is a good problem to have, I suppose.

You'll see a big nod to my love of sci fi in the book (wormholes and whatnot).

BUT, the Chtorr series by Gearold is hard core sci fi. It is about how an alien race would really colonize Earth if they decided to conduct a hostile takeover. There's a lot of cool gadgetry and kick *** action scenes, as well as good arguments about the lot of man in general. It's what good sci fi is all about. If you like Heilen and the lot, you should become a big fan of Gearold.

The good guy in the book uses this really cool gun that shoots about 1000 poison needles per second, which pretty much slices up the bad guys in a hurry. Way COOL.

Archived