Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Duos

Californiaman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would have voted for slash and izzy if they had been there, I LOVE GUNS N ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =P~

but they weren't so i had to go for another one of my favorites joe perry and brad whitford. i act;ually jus started learning walk this way m/ >_< m/

OK, so they only recorded one album but for me it would have to be Eric Clapton and Duane Allman. Taught me more about blues attitude than any one disc should be allowed.

And Two for the Road (Ellis and Pass) is a magnificent album for those into that style of jazz.

I know it's impossible to please all these strange guys and gals on the forum but I was surprised not to see Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson (Thin Lizzy) on the poll list .

OK' date=' so they only recorded one album but for me it would have to be Eric Clapton and Duane Allman. Taught me more about blues attitude than any one disc should be allowed.

And Two for the Road (Ellis and Pass) is a magnificent album for those into that style of jazz.

I know it's impossible to please all these strange guys and gals on the forum but I was surprised not to see Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson (Thin Lizzy) on the poll list .[/quote']

Well, here's the deal. I was thinking more mainstream, popular duos.

I know, I can take the heat for putting Degarmo and Wilton. They're two of my favorites.

The poll only accepted nine slots.

Did you vote?

I voted for Whitford and Perry

Well' date=' here's the deal. I was thinking more mainstream, popular duos.

I know, I can take the heat for putting Degarmo and Wilton. They're two of my favorites.

The poll only accepted nine slots.

Did you vote?

I voted for Whitford and Perry[/quote']

Of course, I apologise if I gave the wrong impression by my post. I didn't intend any criticism of the pairings selected at all - quite the opposite. It is a thankless task to try to please everyone and the wise person doesn't try - merely chooses a selection as you did.

Yes, I also went down the Aerosmith route as it happens.

Sorry again for any misunderstanding.

Of course' date=' I apologise if I gave the wrong impression by my post. I didn't intend any criticism of the pairings selected at all - quite the opposite. It is a thankless task to try to please everyone and the wise person doesn't try - merely chooses a selection as you did.

Yes, I also went down the Aerosmith route as it happens.

Sorry again for any misunderstanding.[/quote']

No need to apologize.

There were a lot I would have liked to put up.

I like the results I'm seeing in the poll.

I wish more people would vote.

I know I'll get a lot of heat for this but i have to suggest syn gates and zacky vengeance as they're my favourite current guitar duo. I honestly think they are really good, especially visually on stage.

voted for the metallica pair as out of the ones on that list they would be my favourite (i don't know 5 of the 9 there :-#)

definetely checking them out though. it's all a learning curve huh :P

Archived