Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Duos

Californiaman

I know I cant' include everybody.

Believe me no one can deny the contribution to music that Buck Owens and Don Rich made to popular music, The Bakersfield Sound of country music, or Allen Collins and Gary Rossington's contribution to southern rock; Lynard Skynard. Or two of my personal favorites Kerry Livgren and Rich Williams (KANSAS).

It's only a partial list.

Add too it if you wish.

That would be fun too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Barnes & Bucky Pizzarelli were the greatest guitar duo EVER imho

Joe Pass & Herb Ellis were phenomenal....

Jorge Strunz & Adeshir Farah

Chester & Lester was a killer album too

Carl Kress & **** McDonough, all but unknown in this day & age, but they were great !

Hey flight959' date='

Seen Slash and Stradlin together when "Appetite For Destruction" came out in Anaheim back in the '80s. That was a real treat.

Also saw Mathews and Reynolds a few years ago. Good Duos.

But I could only choose nine.

Did you vote?[/quote']

Yeah have now mate went for kirk and James....

Flight

Ok...I went with the Stones duo...

I'm wondering about some of your choices for the poll and not include KK Downing/Glen Tipton from Judas Priest or Rudolf Schenker/Mathias Jabs of the Scorpions?

Certainly four men who are worthy of this pole, however, there just wasn't room for all of the guitar-duos I wanted to put into this poll. I could only choose nine and it came down to simply elimination. I had a list of 12 duos and I could only use nine.

Downing and Tipton are not two I overlooked. Do they deserve to be in this poll more than Degarmo and Wilton? I believe they would garner a few votes.

Come on... only 21 votes so far.

George Barnes & Bucky Pizzarelli were the greatest guitar duo EVER imho

Joe Pass & Herb Ellis were phenomenal....

Jorge Strunz & Adeshir Farah

Chester & Lester was a killer album too

Carl Kress & **** McDonough' date=' all but unknown in this day & age, but they were great ![/quote']

I've seen Strunz and Farah. They are good. But not so mainstream. I saw them with Jackson Brown at the Santa Barbara Bowl. That was a good show too. Emmylou Harris was by far the best performer that night.

Archived