Gibson Brands Forums

REALLY like this one

NHTom

Nice looking. I did notice there was no binding on the body, I could not tell if there was a dark colored binding on the neck which would be similar to my ES135. I like to hear how it sounds. The controls are also quite different from the old ES137's and ES135's.

Kenny V

• 2 weeks later...

Yess great looking guitar. The p90s added to a hollow will be very sharp

This one isn't fully hollow tho, there is solid mahogany inside. You still get a woody, hollow sound but it's not as prone to feedback as an ES-330 or other full-hollow guitar, and IMO the solid block "tames" the pups a bit & sweetens their sound.

This one isn't fully hollow tho, there is solid mahogany inside. You still get a woody, hollow sound but it's not as prone to feedback as an ES-330 or other full-hollow guitar, and IMO the solid block "tames" the pups a bit & sweetens their sound.

Me like a lot! Woodie is right

It looks nice, but stripped down to this state, it's pretty close to an ES-125TDC with a simplified control layout and a center block, obviating the need for the floating bridge and trapeze.

You can get a mid-60s ES-125TDC off Ebay in good shape for $2000-$2500. Is a small block of mahogany and 12 added to the model number really worth $1000?

Archived