Gibson Brands Forums

New J-45

badbluesplayer

Beeeaaauuuutiful!

On a side note does anyone know where I can order an exact replacement pick guard for my 94 J-45? I have looked on Gibson's website and found no place to do it. I know terrapin guitars have them but the material is not exactly the same (lighter colored). I like the darker tortoise style like is on the guitar pictured here...mine is like that, Thanks and sorry for the highjack.

Congratulations! Beautiful classic guitar, the J45.....and now with proper pick guard placement an no run out on top...this could give me gas! It's very good to see someone wait for a guitar to have a decent looking top before buying it.

So many love to claim that a run out stained top doesn't matter at all on a Gibson...but one look at your J45 with its nice even stain free top, and no unsightly run out, and it suddenly becomes very clear they are wrong.

I say never pay for what you don't get....and you have got what you paid for, a nice looking clean guitar! Enjoy it! ...GL

Congratulations! Beautiful classic guitar, the J45.....and now with proper pick guard placement an no run out on top...this could give me gas! It's very good to see someone wait for a guitar to have a decent looking top before buying it.

So many love to claim that a run out stained top doesn't matter at all on a Gibson...but one look at your J45 with its nice even stain free top, and no unsightly run out, and it suddenly becomes very clear they are wrong.

I say never pay for what you don't get....and you have got what you paid for, a nice looking clean guitar! Enjoy it! ...GL

This one has no runout. They had some with, some without. I didn't realize, until I had the thing, how the sunburst is brown and it really looks beautiful with the color of the sides and back. [smile]

Congrats! Poster Child - not just for Gibson Acoustics - but for all acoustic guitars. Nice to know that they sound as good as they look, and are recognized as such the world over. I have forced myself to leave my 2 other guitars hanging on the wall since I got my J45 Custom a few months ago - and it has paid off big time. At first, it seemed stiff and brash. Now - it's perfect. I'm not sure if the guitar changed, or if I just moved up another notch in my ability to appreciate acoustics. Probably more of the latter. It's like 'puppy love' maturing into the real thing. I am sure you will fall head over heals BBP !

Archived