Cream SG Standard Ebony fretboard

- Gold hardware

- Custom TRC

- White pickguard

- Nashville to ABR bridge conversion

- Gibson gold top hat knobs

- Gold washers, nuts, screws, etc..

gibson29.jpg

SG player where on earth did you find a cream SG with gold hardware. That is Angelic to say the least

My Cream SG Standard ebony fretboard had chrome hardware and black pickguard. Look at the description:

- Gold hardware

- Custom TRC

- White pickguard

- Nashville to ABR bridge conversion

- Gibson gold top hat knobs

- Gold knob pointers

- Gold washers, nuts, screws, etc..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It sounds and plays awesome. I put a dimarzio paf into the bridge in a split could set up. Absolutely love it. Can't get any info in the Gibson single could up front, but also love the warmth. With individual on-offs for the pickups you can mix and match or have a true "off". No bleeding at all.

Single volume and tone has its obvious limits, And the volume seems a bit further forward than others, so you have to pay attention on a full strum.

Love it.

1421120274[/url]' post='1614335']

Never seen one of those before with that interesting pickup/ switch layout - how does it sound & play? I found some pics on the internet of them and see the stock pink finish you mentioned. What was Gibson thinking with that colour finish?! It certainly looks better in black IMO. What colour are you going use?

• 3 months later...

My 2004 SG Special Faded Worn Brown, the wood is very nice, one piece body and the SG is waxed, beautiful !!

sg_fad10.jpg

sg_fad11.jpg

sg_fad34.jpg

Restore job in progress

sg_fad35.jpg

sg_fad26.jpg

That SG looks great with a shiny body. What wax did you use for it? I have a satin Les Paul Special I have thought of waxing - any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi, Here's my '74. That's about all I know about it. I'd love some input as to it's rarity and estimated value. Thanks.

Looks like a regular production model SG Standard from that year, however, I'm not sure how common the added Bigsby was that year. I've seen a few examples of them and one 1973 model can be found at Chicago Music Exchange via this link and scrolling down. It's going for $2495; http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/collections/gibson

It's a beauty of an SG you have there though. You might want to post your pics and questions in the Vintage Gibsons section or the ID section of the forum for more info and more informed replies.

• 2 weeks later...

sg_fad35.jpg

That SG looks great with a shiny body. What wax did you use for it? I have a satin Les Paul Special I have thought of waxing - any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sorry but I don' t know exactly, the previous owner used some wax for old furniture, I think about Cire Carbamex :

cppi400-g1.jpg

My heavy modded 69 sg special. Its my Metal guitar, those 70's dimarzio pickups are "Bada.."

Got it cheap as it was in poor shape and non original. So i felt free to do whatever.With a original 60s sg in good shape, i would have left it as is

Felt i had to point that out so you don't think "what have that guy did to that vintage Sg"

IMG_0109_zps3vhrlg8z.jpg

Archived