Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Holidays!!!!

cliffmac

Thanks, everyone. It was fun to do. I haven't sung out loud in years now, really, except in a nice, reverberant shower, or in a crowd at concerts, so THAT was nerve-wracking (and startling!). The good thing is that I want to sing more and get my voice into better shape, if possible.

Dodger, I liked your video very much. What was the first song n your medley? I don't know it, and would like to hear more.

Happy, Merry, and all that.

Red 333

Thanks, everyone. It was fun to do.

That showed through! It was fun to listen to - and watch.

The good thing is that I want to sing more and get my voice into better shape, if possible.

I commend you for that. I'm purely instrumental. I've never sung, well, except for those karaoke evenings when I was living in Japan, where you call over the intercom, and they deliver drinks to your booth. [thumbup] As a musician, I have a good ear and can hit the notes, within range, but I've just never found my voice in a recording sense. To me, music is very personal, like a window to the soul sort of thing. If playing an instrument is like that, vocalizing is even moreso. Thanks for showing one needn't be any more than straighforward and having fun at it. [smile]

Didnt mean to hijack your thread Red - the first song was a very poor version of the Pogues' Fairytale of New York

Not at all, Dodger. It wasn't my thread to begin with. You and I are just a part of it.

Thanks for the info about the Pogues!

Red 333

Archived