Gibson Brands Forums

So Ca weather

brc

Highs of 38C (100F) last 4 days here. Bad bushfire. Over at Sampson Flat. Wiped out 32 homes, 129 structures, and injured more than 22 firefighters. Forecast of thunderstorms today. Bloody great, more lightning strikes and fires. I know there's blue sky above all that smoke somewhere. [thumbdn]

That's why it's so expensive there.

You got to pay to have the good stuff.

I know what you mean, I grew up there. Didn't leave untill I was 22. Man, that was a LONG time ago.

There's basically TWO seasons there: Summer, and spring. That's it.

more like summer and fall. lack of precipitation pretty much eliminates winter and spring....

Or, maybe more like "pre-fall" or the beginning of fall...or, the end of spring.

Either way, it's summer, and a season that's a hint of a season that AIN'T summer, but still summer.

That non-summer season is basically the same as a cool summer weather pattern, that MAY have the threat of cloud cover a few days here and there out of year.

And rain, THAT'S a major occurance. That's a stay-at-home deal at times.

All this lovely weather reports from sunny Cal.....and not a single surf report? (WTF?).

I grew up in SoCal. Surfed all up and down the coast. Went to college down in Point Loma (before it changed to a religious school). A short walk from dorm 3 down the cliffs to New Break, a fantastic surfing beach. This was not a good idea academically. [crying]

I grew up in SoCal. Surfed all up and down the coast. Went to college down in Point Loma (before it changed to a religious school). A short walk from dorm 3 down the cliffs to New Break, a fantastic surfing beach. This was not a good idea academically. [crying]

Ha! with ya mate! I grew up on a beach and both my primary and high schools overlooked the breaks there. Whenever I wagged school, the teaches could see me out the classroom window riding the waves! LOL! Whenever the swell came up, they knew exactly where I was!!

Ah... surf, bikini's, white beach sand, party's, pranks, and a lot of laughter! The days of youth....

Never a good idea academically, but still too much fun!

I am staying in Quincy, Ma working this here this month. Remember the last two trips to the Superbowl the Fagtriots chocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both times to Eli Manning and the NY Football Giants. On that day the Giants were my favorite team. I love seeing Bela-dooche's face when the Fagtriots loose. He and Brady a supream dooches.

I have 4 favorite Teams

The Raiders

Whoever plays the Fagtriots

Whoever plays The Fagboys

Whoever plays the Deadskins

Tell us how you really feel Frank

Was a Rams fan until SL Always loved the Raiders. Worked with them for 4 years, pretty damn exciting.

Now we may get another team here in LA. Bout time.

Lived in San Fran for 20 years. My experience is all of Cslifirnis has 2 seasons: wet and dry. Some years, like recently, dry prevails. Temperature varies, especially from northern cold to southern warm but the big variable is whether it rains. In 91 when I was s trainee in Santa Bsrbara , the drought broke, people stood in their front painted lawns with their hands held high. We need the same thing now, love it though.

Archived