Gibson Brands Forums

So Ca weather

brc

I realized again today why I love living in So. Ca.

It's 12:15 pm on Jan. 6th. and it's 80 degrees!

I spoke to my daughter who lives in Connecticut, and she said they would be lucky if they get a high of 32 to 36 degrees.

Think I will break out some more shorts and T-shirts.

I realized again today why I love living in So. Ca.

It's 12:15 pm on Jan. 6th. and it's 80 degrees!

I spoke to my daughter who lives in Connecticut, and she said they would be lucky if they get a high of 32 to 36 degrees.

Think I will break out some more shorts and T-shirts.

I have a mixed feeling deal with 80° weather in January…

I am from Connecticut, myself… and so I was/am ok with the freezing cold weather for a few months of the year. It always made me appreciate the Springtime—the temps, the smells, etc. I miss the changing seasons—even if it meant dealing with harsh weather for a small portion of the year. I was digging the chilly sweater and coat weather we were having last week here in So Cal. A small reminder of what is normal for me.

Having said that, I am not complaining about the weather we're getting today. 78° is fine with me. It will be dropping again by the end of the week to more seasonal temps of low-mid 60s. Perfect!

I lived in Southern California 35 years ago and I still regret moving back to Indiana..mainly due to weather as it becomes more important the older you get. We vacation in CA once or twice a year and it is always hard for me to leave it to come home...but oh well you just try to make the best of it, and in Indiana that is hard to do.

Born and raised in upstate NY and had my share of snow and cold temp's. Have been in SoCal for the past 40 years or so (except for that little bit in Atlanta in the late '90's, but don't ask). I like the warm weather and sunshine. Snow is where I like it; 90 minutes away in the mountains you can see from the beach.

As I type this it's 83 degrees in Huntington Beach near 4pm. It's all good.

Aw guys! All this lovely weather reports from sunny Cal.....and not a single surf report? (WTF?).

Is the point at Redondo going off yet? The Bu? The pier at Huntington? Is the outer reef at Calsbad crancking yet? What about Lowers?

someone call in the surf report, please!

Archived