Gibson Brands Forums

Meanwhile, over at the UMGF…the natives are restless…...

onewilyfool

Hey, BK, maybe it's an Oz thing, but in the US, we figured out that it's easier to get books out of the bookcase it you place them on the shelves with their bottom edges down, rather than on their backs. Now, I realize that means you have to cook your head to ne side to read the name of the book on the spine.

But it's whatever works for you, of course.....

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. Some of those early 1950's Gibsons bursts have a pretty sharp transition, not unlike that on your CEO7 (which I think is a really cool guitar).

Thanks Nick.

It is an Oz thing - they make the books really crooked here and they won't stand up! True! And none of them are the same size - weird. And I put the bookcase together - leans to the right. True!

Na! The better half is a speed reader and the books are piling up around her ears on that little orange couch she and the hound sit and read on....

Some action is needed....

BluesKing777.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread, many belly laughs. I particularly like the advice on how to properly use a book shelf! It must be nice if you're Martin to have the wherewithal to screw around with producing something like the CEO-8. If it were me and I caught one of my employees doing it on company time they'd be down the road. I've wondered since I first saw it why someone wouldn't just invest honest effort in producing a completely new style of guitar that leaves the other guys in your dust and then laugh all the way to the bank? Creating something that just increases your lawyer bills is a waste all the way around. Head shaker.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread, many belly laughs. I particularly like the advice on how to properly use a book shelf! It must be nice if you're Martin to have the wherewithal to screw around with producing something like the CEO-8. If it were me and I caught one of my employees doing it on company time they'd be down the road. I've wondered since I first saw it why someone wouldn't just invest honest effort in producing a completely new style of guitar that leaves the other guys in your dust and then laugh all the way to the bank? Creating something that just increases your lawyer bills is a waste all the way around. Head shaker.

MP….there are VERY few guitar companies that look forward……most look back…..Authentic, Legend, True Vintage…..just marketing…The last truly innovative thing that came out of Gibson Acoustic, was the Mark series guitars. They had production problems, but there are really nice guitars if they have made it to present time!!! I think the last innovative thing to come out of the electric division was the Robot guitar….I'll say no more….Most companies are content to paint their horses a different color….very few industries can operate this way…it is strange…..

OWF, One could argue Gibson is more 'innovative' than other acoustic guitar makers in that they produce other instruments. But, I would say, for Gibson - they've shown innovation and 'outside the box' thinking with their new J15 and J35s. When you are super large, you have the 'wherewithal' as MP pointed out - to do things. Some would call what Martin did 'innovation", but I think most here would call it 'screwing around'. Some might think 'robot tuners' is innovative. Some might think graphite guitars are. I am extremely grateful that Bozeman focuses on making as many good acoustics as they can sell. I think there would be thousands of Very Disappointed J15 owners if Gibson has Not gone down that road and instead did their R&D on something radically innovative. I think they learned when they launched "The Sparrow" that they needed to gocus on their core business. Just my 2 cents.

And yes - this has turned into one of the better threads for awhile.

Archived