Gibson Brands Forums

I have started a new band

awel

I am playing in a 5 pieces classic rock band that is working well but my heart always tend to go back to my first love ... blues rock trio.

I have had the opportunity to start one so here it is :) the bass player is a beginner but he working so hard that it is a pleasure to play with him.

Another thing is that I've rediscovered the simplicity and lovely sound of the Orange Tiny Terror.

That sounded really nice. If I were to offer any criticism, it would be tempo...that's a slow one...got-ta slow it down a tad...other than that it sounded great. Your bass guy's just startin'? Wouldn't know it to listen...I heard no mistakes...

That sounded really nice. If I were to offer any criticism, it would be tempo...that's a slow one...got-ta slow it down a tad...other than that it sounded great. Your bass guy's just startin'? Wouldn't know it to listen...I heard no mistakes...

Thanks, any criticism is good to take in order to progress, the speed not only in slow blues is really a problem when playing live because you've got all that adrenalyn and so from my personal experience, live I have always speed up a bit the tempo.

That is really an issue because by exemple if your in shuffle like SRV's Cold Shot, if you speed it up too much you're loosing the 'steam train' effect.

Thanks, any criticism is good to take in order to progress, the speed not only in slow blues is really a problem when playing live because you've got all that adrenalyn and so from my personal experience, live I have always speed up a bit the tempo.

That is really an issue because by exemple if your in shuffle like SRV's Cold Shot, if you speed it up too much you're loosing the 'steam train' effect.

Here's how we used to deal with that, in the set list, first 3 or 4 tunes were fast, uptempo, then mix 'em up. And if that bassist is a beginner, you need to do whatever you can to keep that guy in the fold...I dunno about Belgium, but here in Rhode Island, bassists aren't exactly 'a-dime-a-dozen', and if he's THAT good at this point in his endeavor, I can't wait to hear him after he's got a few gigs under his belt...

That sounded really nice. If I were to offer any criticism, it would be tempo...that's a slow one...got-ta slow it down a tad..

Isn't the Blues all about personal interpretation? Keb Mo once said that if you say that guy aint doing it right you are missing the point of the Blues. I have always heard that song way slow. It was kinda cool at a faster tempo

Awesome, I really enjoyed!

Thank's a lot, nice playing all of you.eusa_clap.gif

And the combination of your Les Paul with the TT sound's pretty cool.

I love those lunchbox head's. I hope to get me another one soon.

Thanks. This little box is really amazing (at least for my personal taste) It goes so well with the BB Preamp overdrive.

Here's how we used to deal with that, in the set list, first 3 or 4 tunes were fast, uptempo, then mix 'em up. And if that bassist is a beginner, you need to do whatever you can to keep that guy in the fold...I dunno about Belgium, but here in Rhode Island, bassists aren't exactly 'a-dime-a-dozen', and if he's THAT good at this point in his endeavor, I can't wait to hear him after he's got a few gigs under his belt...

It is the same in belgium you find 5 guitar players for 2 drummers for 1 Bass player :( but even from a human side he is very kind, so I'll do my best to keep him on board

Isn't the Blues all about personal interpretation? Keb Mo once said that if you say that guy aint doing it right you are missing the point of the Blues. I have always heard that song way slow. It was kinda cool at a faster tempo

Thanks James

Nice job. A lot of people think that song is easy - but it's tricky to get right in my opinion. It does want to speed up on ya for sure, and the licks are subtle. I find this song a lot harder to nail than a lot of blues stuff. You guys did well. [thumbup]

Nice job. A lot of people think that song is easy - but it's tricky to get right in my opinion. It does want to speed up on ya for sure, and the licks are subtle. I find this song a lot harder to nail than a lot of blues stuff. You guys did well. [thumbup]

Thanks a lot, last year some if my ex band mates said I can't play the blues so it hurts so much that still now I missed confidence in my playing.

For sure, all if your kind words are more than welcome.

Bassist sounds good...I like that there was a bit of chatter in the background...made the audio sound like it was some old bar or something. Very cool. [thumbup]

Yes it was in a small village annual party so there were even kids that passed while we were playing :)

Is that not your new band? You mention 5 piece. That's only 3. It sounds good though. I'd love to be in a band now. But at 56 it's hard to find one.

Hi,

Currently I'm in 2 bands, one 5 pièces band Classic rock, and this new one 3 pièces band blues rock. I don't know how many time I will be able to play in 2 bands but if I have to choose for sure It will be the blues rock one.

It is never too late to play in a band, the Bass player in the Classic rock band is more than 60.

I'd love to be in a band now. But at 56 it's hard to find one.

God how I know this.

And I have been lucky so I wish you well. Keep believing, playing and looking is all I can say.

It is never too late to play in a band, the Bass player in the Classic rock band is more than 60.

I am 60. The bass player in our blues band is 74 and cycled over the Alps for charity last year, 60-80 miles a day!!

Archived