Gibson Brands Forums

The horror of not having anyone theach you what music is.

Thundergod

Listen to this... and watch it... I dont know wether to laugh or cry... (alright, I LMFAO).

Watch it and then come back and discuss.

My take?

This is prove that playing fast doesnt have anything to do with playing good. And knowing some scales doesnt have anything to do with writing/composing...

I guess those guys must be really proud of their playing skills... I know lots of guys like them, and they think they are better than most players (not talking about me or you, Im talking about beck, clapton, page, moore, gibbons, may and ... ok... slash).

IMO the song sucks, I wouldnt even consider it a song... the "solo" is awful, the bass player is playing a completely different thing during it.

This is what happens when kids start by learning the fastest lick by Angra and Dragonforce (Angra being one of my favorite bands tho, but I preffer to play other stuff, with soul), after playing that fast lick they learn the next one... but never learn chords or anything regarding composition... so they just place one lick after the other, and consider themselves above pro level.

Did you notice the bass is actually bigger than the bass player? yahoo_rotfl.gif

The worst part is, Ive seen worst in the studio...#-o

Don't like it...not one bit...how about them hairdoos? But just for perspective' date=' check out this "tune" from around 1970...Slower, less technical, but still annoying...There's nothing new under the sun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWtMyUsk9A[/quote']

Wow... that is just ... boring! (and yes annoying too!) I think AXE would do way better with his bike!

BTW. Did any of you listen to my crappy live recordings of our band? What did you think? I can't be offended when It comes to music. If I have insecurity issues as deepblue says they are all in my music. In fact I would probably say I am an arrogant SOB on most everything except when it comes to music. So hit me with your best shot. Really.

Dull Dull Dull Dull, I cant stand any of this rubbish. Clever yes.interesting to listen to no. They both look like they need a good kicking and there balls superglued to there ears. ow and remove there hands so they cant punish anybody else.O:)

Im speechless ( it does happen )

I think they have potential but not with that little ditty.

He needs a better amp as well...or at least a nicer tone.

It would have sounded a little more pleasing to the ear if hed have played it clean without so

much mud.

Homz i sure you guys are great but my cpu does not want to play the music for some unknown reason. Also i looked at some pics and i like the shirt the lady was wearing.

Now back to the tread. Thunder What the hell was that!? My buddie was watching over my shoulder when i looked at it and he went and unplugged me from the internet. And then the next vid, that sounded like a car that fly wheel was loose, and the timing of the engine was off.

Well, what's new?

Thunder is absolutely right. This s@*t happens all over the place.

"Speed rules" is what these kids believe and walk right down that

one way road.

There is nothing wrong with speed at the right time and in context.

Let's face it: that's what they do and why they pick up the guitar.

All of us serious players know better: Less is more and feeling rules.

Want speed and feeling? One example is Alvin Lee with "Going home"

Try this and then show me.

When I hear this kind of crap and noise these kids make I resort

to my 335 and play "The Thrill is gone". Slow but good and here

the feeling really counts. And I feel good again and think that perhaps

I am worthy owning this great guitar.

I think they are free to play whatever pleases them. If you don't like it' date=' don't listen to it. Bashing their taste just seemes wrong.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy a cd of that.[/quote']

Ok, I'll just bash them for their bad haircuts.

Hey Homz I just listened to the songs on that link... are they all played by you guys? Is it really your wife singing? (and wearing a led zep shirt???) I would kill to have my fiance using a rock band tshirt just once... (let alone showing some interest in music)

Hey Homz I just listened to the songs on that link... are they all played by you guys? Is it really your wife singing? (and wearing a led zep shirt???) I would kill to have my fiance using a rock band tshirt just once... (let alone showing some interest in music)

Yeah that's us. Yes that's my wife. As for the Zep stuff you should see her Zep tatoos. In fact all but one of us in the band has a zeptoo. Mine is a circle with a feather and Zoso across and centered.

Those recordings are kinda old. We have since added another guitar player who plays a pink paisley Tele. We sound much better now. As soon as I get some new recordings I let you know.

Archived