Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

1448052397[/url]' post='1713545']

You washed the truck?

It's you fault that it rained then!

I don't and never have owned a coat~

You don't even own a coat? Boy, if you lived in some states hear you would. msp_flapper.gif you need to visit Alaska my friend! You would even have mutt luks I guess today was the last nice day in the upper 40's. Snow storm is coming tomorrow, sleet and snow. Driving hazard warnings were out for thanksgiving Day.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never owned gloves either! Nor worn a singlet, or undershirt.

Just 21C (72F) here today and it's a cool morning so far.

Yesterday we had horrendous winds and I reckon there will be a couple of trees down when I check the boundaries this morning, just hoping they aren't over fences or tracks. Debris all over the place!

So the fire season has started in other states and it looks like being a bad season. Houses lost and people killed in 2 states so far this autumn.

If we'd had fires here yesterday in that wind it would have been catastrophic!

19C (68F) and drizzly rain.

Wanted to cook outside last night but the southerly was too cold so we came in I'm really noticing the cold more these days than when I was younger

0645 and I've already shot 2 rabbits.

3-5 inches of snow since noon or so around three hours ago; 21F (-6c), but that's a lot warmer than last night. Awaiting a bit stronger storm system Sunday night.

The 60-mph winds were about a week ago. Knocked out power to most of the town for a cupla hours.

No big deal.

On the other hand, Rob, you're right on by noting how the older we get, the more we notice the cold. I'm in "chilly weather" gear now - but it ain't really cold until it's 0F (-18C), and cars still kinda start until it's -20F or so (-30C). But they're predicting a mild winter, so it's likely not to be at that -20 range too much. A few miles north of here, though, the winds are different and if it's -20 here, it's likely -30 or colder just an hour or so north as the crow flies.

m

So warming up!

30C (90F) here today.

We seem to be experiencing a series of fronts both highs & lows alternately rolling through here ATM and it should settle down and start warming about Christmas time.

It's tough in the Antipodes folks!

Propane in the grill starts to liquefy somewhere between -15 and -20F so up until then we cook outside on the deck right off the kitchen all year long. Sounds crazy but it's all relative. Bet you wouldn't believe that 20 below feels good after a week of 55 below!

IMG_1001_zpsn6t95omt.jpg

IMG_1003_zps9d7jilk2.jpg

Here in western PA its been a great December so far. Highs in low 50s but dipping down to 30 degrees at night. I'll take that all winter.

I was even able to get all my Christmas decorations hung yesterday on a beautiful sunny day. [thumbup]

Upper 50s by the end of this week! Thanks El Nino

Cookie ...

yup.

We'll see about moisture.

Here in town I was cussin' last week's snow and town "snow emergency," but rancher friends loved every wet snowflake since the ground hasn't frozen yet and the moisture's sinking into the rangeland.

m

Archived