Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

Good deal. Glad it cooled down for you. You deserve it. They were talking 50 here today but it didn't feel like it. Felt fine early this morning then cooled down at noon and overcast. But by later pm it was sunny and nice before the sun set. Australia still seems like a fun place to visit once. But being a wildlife artist I'd want to tour the wildlife there with my good camera.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good deal. Glad it cooled down for you. You deserve it. They were talking 50 here today but it didn't feel like it. Felt fine early this morning then cooled down at noon and overcast. But by later pm it was sunny and nice before the sun set. Australia still seems like a fun place to visit once. But being a wildlife artist I'd want to tour the wildlife there with my good camera.

We've got a lot of it here on our property!

34C or 98F here for Christmas Day today!

It might be a bit warm to eat outside but we will see how that goes though I guess getting everyone inside might be hard as we don't have a big house. I guess we will work it out.

Can't wait to cut the ham!!!

Christmas Day and it's gonna be 27 C / 80 F, bit of rain, nice cooling sou-easterly to take away any humidity. Happy with that [thumbup]

My wife baked ham and turkey yesterday and made cheesecake and fruit salad. Salads are ready prepared, Mum's bringing coleslaw, B-I-L is bringing beer... I think we will be right for lunch at my place.

Then next door for roast dinner with the in-laws in the evening.

Going for a long walk/waddle tomorrow after all that I think...ah well, it's only once a year.

Christmas Day and it's gonna be 27 C / 80 F, bit of rain, nice cooling sou-easterly to take away any humidity. Happy with that [thumbup]

My wife baked ham and turkey yesterday and made cheesecake and fruit salad. Salads are ready prepared, Mum's bringing coleslaw, B-I-L is bringing beer... I think we will be right for lunch at my place.

Then next door for roast dinner with the in-laws in the evening.

Going for a long walk/waddle tomorrow after all that I think...ah well, it's only once a year.

Farkin" hot down here mate, wanna swap?

23C (76F) predicted for here today and that is a relief as were are a bit frazzled from the ongoing heat. We moved Christmas inside yesterday as it was too hot to sit outside, and the boys even had a swim in the dam, took my dog with them!

Thunderstorms expected here about 8am and perhaps 2 1/2" of rain between 8 and 5. It's windy for this early so the storms must be getting close. We have awful fires on the west cost of Victoria with 60 houses lost yesterday, Christmas day. No lives lost that I am aware of fortunately, but that sure one way to spoil Christmas! Poor buggers.

EDIT: Make that 112 houses and small coastal town wiped from the face of the map! One of our favourite places too.

Christmas Eve we had 9 1/2" of snow dump on us from 9:ish am to a little after 12:00. About 3 hours of heavy snow fall. Christmas it rained pretty heavy at night and today the snow that's left is down to one to two inches. Think it's to hit in the mid 30's tomorrow.

1451258462[/url]' post='1724802']

Ain't been much above freezing since Christmas eve. About 8 inches of snow still mostly hanging around.

But for this time of year here, weather's not bad at all.

m

I agree, it's been a very calm winter from what we usually get. I'm still going out with a light hooded sweatshirt so far. Haven't had to pull out the coats yet.msp_thumbup.gif Even when we got 9 1/2" dumped on us in 3 hours, I was out in a sweatshirt shoveling.

In the Carolinas, we've had highs in the mid-70s, lows in the upper-50s and low-60s, and rainy for at least the past week. We are way above normal for rain this year with most of it this Fall and early Winter. It has been unseasonably warm, but more seasonal temps. starting this Friday with predicted highs in the low 50s and lows in the 30s.

Archived