Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

"He's nuts"......are probably icicles~

It's a gorgeous morning here at 0600 hrs with a light mist rising from the dam, and pretty light.

23C or 76F maximum here today.

It was cool yesterday which allowed me to get a lot of slashing done, though plenty more to do still. Today it's a round of mowing as we are doing a roast outside tomorrow night for guests.

Went for a walk around the property yesterday avo and popped 4 or 5 bunnies with my air rifle.

This is what our morning looked like @ 0700

IMG_3970_zpszknh7qgy.jpg

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's your place Rob? It's beautiful. Love the bushes and trees. I can see where you spend lots of time keeping it clean. Back to cold freezing weather here for awhile. The snow was melting, now it's all frozen again and wearing winter coats.

That's your place Rob? It's beautiful. Love the bushes and trees. I can see where you spend lots of time keeping it clean. Back to cold freezing weather here for awhile. The snow was melting, now it's all frozen again and wearing winter coats.

Yes it is and thanks for the kind comments.

We got a light dusting of snow here too. Last night it actually got down to -4 degrees below zero and -25 degrees below wind chill. The morning hours brought it up to -1 below zero and -15 below wind chill. So scooped the snow off concrete and back inside today. Had to take the car in to Firestone this morning so a slow day inside the remaining day.

Goodness me! Have never encountered those conditions. I met one person who worked in Fairbanks, Alaska, and it surprised me when I was told the cars essentially had to be running continuously otherwise the engine oil could freeze. Nup, don't think I could cope with it.

Goodness me! Have never encountered those conditions. I met one person who worked in Fairbanks, Alaska, and it surprised me when I was told the cars essentially had to be running continuously otherwise the engine oil could freeze. Nup, don't think I could cope with it.

I was in London 62/63 and they tell me it was the worst winter in 90 years.

Cured me from ever wanting to see snow again.

In fact our youngest boy when he was about 14 challenged me by saying that he felt disadvantaged having never been to the snow!

I countered with "Grow up and take yourself!"

I was in London 62/63 and they tell me it was the worst winter in 90 years.

Cured me from ever wanting to see snow again.

In fact our youngest boy when he was about 14 challenged me by saying that he felt disadvantaged having never been to the snow!

I countered with "Grow up and take yourself!"

Did he ever go to see snow? Or did you tell him Frosty the snowman was going to turn his eyes to coal if he saw him?🏃

1453059870[/url]' post='1731478']

Here, we never know what type of winter well get. Last yr it was pretty mild, not much snow and don't think it got down below freezing.this year so far is making up for it. I remember one year we got dumped with 13" of snow at one time, then it kept adding and adding to it where I had no place to put it. It never gets as bad as Alaska or Minnesota. I went to Minnesota once to a Doberman Pinscher dog show smack dab in the winter. They told me to plug in my brand spanking new Ford Van or it wouldn't start the next morning. Ha, I thought, it's a brand new car and battery, It will start, besides, it had no plugin available. Next morning it was dead! Had to get a jump. In Minnesota they have plugins to keep the engine and battery warm everywhere. By all parking meters downtown homes, all their cars come with plugins. we went to Glacier Park Montana once. Roads in the mountains are marked off by the edge of the cliffs with wood poles. Just like telephone poles so the snow removal equipment doesn't drive over the cliff. We drove up to Sun Road there and the visitor center was plowed out of snow that went way over the top of its roof. Snow along the edge of the roads went twice as high of buses and semi trucks. That was summer time in July.

Did he ever go to see snow? Or did you tell him Frosty the snowman was going to turn his eyes to coal if he saw him?🏃

Ha! I'm not as bad as you seem to think. No if he wanted to see snow, then that was entirely his business, just get on with it and leave me at much lower elevation where that white stuff is never seen.

31C or 92F here today and we might just head for the beach to take Bella for a run, wade through the water and maybe even have fish & chips in the shade somewhere?

I've got some small trees to pull out and cut up this week but it's too hot for an old fart like me if the job isn't urgent. Need to remove a few after that and cut some up as when it's wet or windy my internet speeds are down, errors up.

Cooler with showers for the rest of the week which is welcome.

Ha! I'm not as bad as you seem to think. No if he wanted to see snow, then that was entirely his business, just get on with it and leave me at much lower elevation where that white stuff is never seen.

Just teasing. Snow and cold temps are part of life here that I could do without. We have only had 8- 10 inches this year,and the below zero temps lasted a few days then warms up. Actually a pretty good winter. So far.

1453344507[/url]' post='1732677']

Up til now, we've had a very mild winter. But according to some of the reports, we're about to get some record breaking snow. People are already going crazy at the gas pumps and grocery stores.

Is that the 2' of snow I heard about? The wife said 24" of snow was to hit somewhere. Glad it's not here. We were supposed to get more snow Wednesday but it didn't. Sun popped out today and watched water falling from the roof of the few inches of snow up there.

Is that the 2' of snow I heard about? The wife said 24" of snow was to hit somewhere. Glad it's not here. We were supposed to get more snow Wednesday but it didn't. Sun popped out today and watched water falling from the roof of the few inches of snow up there.

Well here's a snippet of what we're expecting:

Areas from Baltimore and Washington, D.C., can expect an all-out blizzard with snowfall averaging 12-24 inches. There is the potential for greater amounts of snow, depending upon the track and speed of the storm.

[scared]

Archived