Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

MR GIBS

Perfect november day here in Sofia. The sun is shining, 18 degree ©. Outside is fine! Inside is fine too - got a new one. I was not even "GASing". Just went to the shop, paid it and took "him" home. My MR GIBS has a new brother.msp_biggrin.gif The action is high, the plastic pins and the tusk saddle will b replaced with bone ones and I am sure there are some small details to be fixed too - my luthier will do it.

First thing I will put some cheep set of D'Addario strings and will start "toneriting" it today.

Love all the 11 mother of pearl stars and plan to change the truss rod cower (which is not the original and I don't know why, but in the shop the stuff boys told me the guitar came with this ordinary black truss rod cover from the Gibson Europe store!) with a new one with a star.

Will try to post some pictures later.

Here is some video I recorded with this same instrument months ago:

Congratulations - Always high positioned on my cool-look-list. Sounds nice and loose too. Very elegant.

Good choice Gibs - we needed one of those on Board ;-)

The Here Comes the gets ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ for shimmer and jangling lite

Mr Gibs:

Two things have been on my mind this week:

1) That I'd really like to see/hear an Everly Gibson (even if it's a Billy Armstrong version.) Your post has solved that issue.

2) That I've been meaning to thank you for your recommendation some months ago of the album "Acoustic Stories" by your friend Konstadin Landzhov. I bought it and love it.

Congratulations on your new guitar. It's a beauty.

FMA

"Not even GAS'ing. Just went to the shop." That's how it works.

That video posted earlier in the year was memorable, and a testament on how an expanse of tortoise guard can't stop a good song... "Here Comes the ___ " demonstrates that beautifully. In your video, you saved the best for last, although some fingerpicking was hoped for, too.

How good that you came back for this guitar several months later. The best I've made it was two weeks.

Congrats and enjoy.

1446598271[/url]' post='1708269']

Beautiful guitar! But... don't you already have a Jumbo?

Yes, I do. My MR GIBS is a Sj200. But...Shame on me years ago the headstock was broaken... Badly...My luthier tried to fix this twice and this summer broak again. Now he will replace the whole neck.This J180 custom I purchased with a great discount brand new from the local Gibson dealer and I am happy. Today I started toneriting it. It needs to be tonerited. The guitar was born 18.11.2013.I still have no name for this one (I give names of my guitars)

How good that you came back for this guitar several months later.

I really liked this one first time I got my hands on it. Just had to justify the purchase. Took me several months. Just had to KNOW I need this one. Now I am sure I need this guitar.

This is not an SJ. Has not this huge SJ boom. This is a tender jumbo maple body. Very responsive. Great fingerpicker (I'll show you later on).

This is a perfect stage instrument. This one is a LOOKER. And plays like heaven.

Congratulations!

I watched your video earlier in the year and some just now - very nice.

I wonder how those Martin Retro strings would sound on that guitar? It might calm the brightness, unless of course you want it bright.

(I saw a video where they used a capo like yours but put it right ON the fret and didn't have to retune, and now I do that all the time but it failed on my 12 string [mellow] )

I like the stars!

BluesKing777.

Congrats on your J-180. Its tone in your clip sounded fine to me. I have a J-185 and I have ToneRite-ed all of my guitars at times. I could hear the difference ToneRite-ing made on every guitar except for my J-185. Weirdest thing, as on some of my other guitars it was a really pronounced difference but on the J-185 it was like nothing happened. I don't know if it has something to do with maple or what but I'd be curious to know if you think the same after you ToneRite your J-180. Enjoy that baby. I find the 16 inch shape of these to be really comfortable to hold and play.

Archived