Gibson Brands Forums

*drool* Amp!

RichCI

Nice find those sound pretty sweet!

Here is another amp for ya to check out. the guy that builds them lives about 2 miles from me.

Looks like he's going for a Dumble aesthetic but I couldn't get a sense of what it sounds like going from the video. I know it's just a quick demo on YouTube, but it always annoys the hell out of me when gear demos are nothing but lead licks, particularly when it comes to any sort of device (amps, pedals, etc.) that are trying to impress me with their overdriven tones. IMO, any amp can sound decent playing single notes, it's how it handles chords that's reveals what it's really about.

Looks like he's going for a Dumble aesthetic but I couldn't get a sense of what it sounds like going from the video. I know it's just a quick demo on YouTube' date=' but it always annoys the hell out of me when gear demos are nothing but lead licks, particularly when it comes to any sort of device (amps, pedals, etc.) that are trying to impress me with their overdriven tones. IMO, any amp can sound decent playing single notes, it's how it handles chords that's reveals what it's really about.

[/quote']

Me too. I was just bored with that demo player. Specially because those licks are even more boring than the idea of playing licks to demonstrate a tube amp.

When you are playing the chords and you can hear the fullness of the even harmonics... that's when you know it's a great amp.nd

http://www.bluetron.com/

A more unique approach to amp overdrive. Actually' date=' sort of similar to how I pound the crap out of the preamp tube that handles send/receive for the effects loop of my amp, but much more elegant.

Check out some of the sound clips, especially for rock. =D>

Daddy like!

[/quote']

I like the approach, and it looks good too.

Got any idea what they cost?

Looks like he's going for a Dumble aesthetic but I couldn't get a sense of what it sounds like going from the video. I know it's just a quick demo on YouTube' date=' but it always annoys the hell out of me when gear demos are nothing but lead licks, particularly when it comes to any sort of device (amps, pedals, etc.) that are trying to impress me with their overdriven tones. IMO, any amp can sound decent playing single notes, it's how it handles chords that's reveals what it's really about.

[/quote']

Sorry didn't mean to high jack your amp thread. I understand what you're saying about simply soloing for an amp demonstration, there may be other clips of other players playing the bludotone amp?

You could check out his web site I think he was starting to put some sound tracks on the site... www.bludotone.com

And yeah I think he does a take on Dumble sounding amps... I know right now he has one of Larry Carlton's Dumble amps in his shop to build a bludotone that sounds like the dumble to take on the road.

Still to get back on track the Blue Tron has a great sound.

Archived