Gibson Brands Forums

LP Signature 2014

AlanH

Took delivery of this beauty today:

DSC03354_zpsm9ozzocu.jpg

DSC03356_zps6pxtotuh.jpg

DSC03355_zpsmfnji1vn.jpg

Came brand new from the store's distribution warehouse via UPS. It was a fantastic deal.

It's set up with a very low action. There's a bit of buzz (so I may raise it) but it plays beautifully. I've tried the min-eTune after watching youtube demos and it seems to work pretty well. Has '50s neck, 57 classic pups, coil split option, 15db boost, AA flame top, full nitro, full binding, traditional weight relief, proper case. I might take the daft pick guard off or buy a new 5-ply one but otherwise it's perfect for me.

Only one problem- The only case candy items were the Gibson and supplier inspection cards and the receipt. I have no charger for the Min-eTune, no instructions for it and no Gibson manual, warranty card or truss rod wrench. Will have to get back on to the shop in the morning.

Congrats, Alan, on this pretty catch. [wub] HNGD, mate!

Only one problem- The only case candy items were the Gibson and supplier inspection cards and the receipt. I have no charger for the Min-eTune, no instructions for it and no Gibson manual, warranty card or truss rod wrench. Will have to get back on to the shop in the morning.

That's what I would do, too. They should supply it all at no charge.

The truss-rod key thing is sometimes a bit funny though. Some of mine came without; partly they even were missing in cases of originally sealed cartons. The both of my Gibson Custom guitars had none, and two of my Gibson USA basses. With the latter the Babicz bridge adjustment keys were missing, too.

Congrats!! That's a beautiful guitar. 2014 was a magical year for Gibson. From the Melody Maker to the top, superb fit and finish and truly great playing and sounding instruments. 12th fret inlay or not, the '14's are gonna be sought after one day. [thumbup]

Can anybody teĺl me exactly what should have been sent in the case?

Now that's funny. Other than with 2015 models, none of the 2014 robo-tuning LP descriptions is listing any supply of additional MinE-Tune gear. In particular, researching the product page http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/Les-Paul-Signature.aspx under "Specifications" and "Accessories" results in the following:

"Additional Materials

"Each Les Paul Signature comes with a Truss Rod Wrench, adjustment literature, and documentation for the guitar’s Limited Lifetime Warranty, along with Gibson’s 24/7/365 Customer Service. "

[confused]

Update:

The store is ordering my missing items from Gibson so we'll see what comes.

I noticed last night that the neck is dead straight with perhaps even a little upwards bow so no wonder I have a bit of buzz with the low action. Will wait for the guitar to settle in to her new environment before I do anything though.

Does anybody know if 2014s were plek fret dressed?

Great choice! The 2014 Signature is a great guitar. Carefully adjusted, you will get great feeling and lots of wonderful sounds!

Here's mine:

60716BCA-0669-40F3-88D4-7705C87F2C8A_zps42fwstcr.jpg

//Robert

Very nice, Robert. The top almost looks quilted.

Is that the Honeyburst or the Heritage Cherry Sunburst?

Archived