Gibson Brands Forums

This must be a hot topic!

sparquelito

Ha! Well, it is one sweet guitar. £4100 pretty good price for it too. Love those old Johnny Smith models.

Yeah, especially with Johnny Smith playing one! AWESOME!! I got to meet him, on several occasions,

but the first time, was when I had taken my '66 Gretsch Country Gent into his music shop, on 8th Street,

in Colorado Springs, for a "set up," and general going over. He had it about a day or so, and called me

to tell me it was ready, and I could pick it up, anytime. I went in, that afternoon, and he got it out of

the case, to show me what all he'd done, and to see if the action was how I wanted it, etc. While it was

out, and before he handed it to me, he was "noodling" on it, and my jaw just dropped, at his expertise,

and effortless "shredding" (before they even thought about calling it that)! He almost (unintentionally)

made me give up "guitar," at that moment! LOL Had I been living in Colorado Springs, I would have signed

up, immediately, for lessons from him. My cousin, whom I was visiting, had taken one of his album cover

photos, at or near that time. So, that's how I found out about Johnny Smith, beyond what little I knew,

already. He was a really nice fellow, too!

Back to topic! [biggrin]

CB

Yeah, especially with Johnny Smith playing one! AWESOME!! I got to meet him, on several occasions,

but the first time, was when I had taken my '66 Gretsch Country Gent into his music shop, on 8th Street,

in Colorado Springs, for a "set up," and general going over. He had it about a day or so, and called me

to tell me it was ready, and I could pick it up, anytime. I went in, that afternoon, and he got it out of

the case, to show me what all he'd done, and to see if the action was how I wanted it, etc. While it was

out, and before he handed it to me, he was "noodling" on it, and my jaw just dropped, at his expertise,

and effortless "shredding" (before they even thought about calling it that)! He almost (unintentionally)

made me give up "guitar," at that moment! LOL Had I been living in Colorado Springs, I would have signed

up, immediately, for lessons from him. My cousin, whom I was visiting, had taken one of his album cover

photos, at or near that time. So, that's how I found out about Johnny Smith, beyond what little I knew,

already. He was a really nice fellow, too!

Back to topic! [biggrin]

CB

I guess you are as close on topic as possible. Your awesome report makes it really hot! [thumbup]

Archived