Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Meals yesterday were what ever we could get when we got the opportunity, but last night we had school whiting fillets crumbed with chips peas and carrots. They were yum!

I bought them from the fishing fleet co-op the day before when I was in Lakes Entrance taking Bella to the vet.

More than enough for two of us, well 2 of us and a dog in fact, for $8.00.

Tonight we had a small pie with left over ingredients from one we had last week. It was in the freezer for just such a night as this.

It wasn't a big pie but it was full of pie mix, which to remind you was beef, bacon & onion but with the onion and bacon put in late enough to impart flavour but to also keep the integrity and not break down. I concentrated the flavours rather than thickening it at the end.

Before you ask, yes I have tomato sauce on everything!

IMG_1404_zps8wr1llza.jpg

Planning to go motorcycle riding with the wife later on, and catch an early lunch somewhere in town.

Just to tide me over, I had some low-carb goodness for breakfast;

Ham slices wrapped around dill pickle and cheddar cheese, dipped in guacamole ranch dressing.

Good stuff!!

:)

We finished pulling down our Easter Art show about 6.30 last night and decided to eat in town but the first place we wanted to go was closed. So was the pub we went to next....Grrrrr..Easter!

Ended up at the RSL (Returned & Services League) which isn't great food but occasionally you do get a really good one! That was the case last night!

We both had chicken fillet with grilled Swiss cheese and sliced mushrooms, with some kind of sauce. Gael had veggies and I had chips 7 salad.

Yummo!

Bella was crying and licking when we got home as shed been inside on her own for over 5 hours so I threw her rope for a while before she went to bed.

This evening -

Started with fruit - chopped banana and blueberries with some yogurt.

Then....

Roast topside of beef with roast spuds and parsnips plus carrots, green beans, mustard gravy and horseradish sauce.

Can't afford this very often now but love it - banquet for one. What's left goes in sandwiches or salads all week.

And some beer later, bottled IPA, tasty!

Fried spicy sweetcorn fritters (with enough fresh AND ground coriander to make Dig very sick!)

With a JDGM special dish of chopped cold chicken mixed with lots of chopped parsley, diced cucumber and mayo (you can use yogurt instead).

Couldn't resist opening my bottle of Californian White Zinfandel too, on this fine Spring evening.

Cheers, YOLO!