Gibson Brands Forums

Well, that didn't take long...new J-45 arriving soon

Rev Roy

Just a few months ago I bought my first Gibson - a J-15. Loved it. Sloped-shoulder/short scale/Gibson growl. What's not to love. But today I boxed it up and my Guild (GAD) F-130ce and shipped them off to Bozeman.

Why? Because that J-15 was the gateway drug that got me happily hooked into the Gibson Club. And I was jonesing bad for a J-45. :D

On a retired preacher's pay I'm blessed to have a couple of nice guitars...but more than that just ain't in the budget. So I had to give up two for one - and a bit of cash - to land the Workhorse. Ended up getting a good deal - and fair trade-in values - from Music Villa. And Paul has been a real pleasure to work with.

After he finishes the setup, he'll ship it tomorrow. Should have it first thing next week. NGD thread with pics coming soon...

Well, help of a sort is available here.... A fine J-45 is an excellent beginning for, imagine if you will, a collection of Gibson's various slope shoulder offerings - each with its own subtle nuances of tone/volume/balance/projection/visual aesthetic. If that seems overly ambitious, why not confine yourself to available J-45 variations? We'll be more than willing to point you in the proper direction when new ones are issued. The point is, we are HERE for you! And we truly UNDERSTAND!

You have to pace yourself Roy. I don't want to talk about this anymore. No more GAS !

I started playing about two years ago when I retired. Since then I have bought six guitars and sold four. I keep telling myself - and my wife - that it's a natural part of the process as I evolve as a player and better understand my playing style and the tone I want. But the bottom line is that I still suck as a player...but I'm getting darn good at buying and selling guitars. [thumbup]

But the bottom line is that I still suck as a player...but I'm getting darn good at buying and selling guitars. [thumbup]

[biggrin] I think you'll find the quality of the former becomes directly proportional to the latter.... with perhaps a time derivative thrown in. [biggrin]

Archived