Gibson Brands Forums

Request from kwalker

blindboygrunt

Hey kwalker

I'm asking you to share one of the songs you recently added to soundcloud

They're too damn good not to be heard

Let the nice folks in here hear what a Gibson was made for

Agreed! And I was just getting ready to make a similar request.

Our forum friend here has a way about him that needs noticing, in my opinion. He takes some material that, for my taste, was usually over-produced and/or over-wrought by what I like to call the "Nashville Hat Sound," circa mid-1990's or so. And he lets us hear in those tunes the genuine potential of the song, single-handedly salvaging them from the commercial scrap heap and delivering them to us as treasures we might never have noticed.

Simple. Clean. Elegant. Genuine.

(Kinda like what Stu hisself brings to our humble table.)

Good stuff here, gentleman. Thanks...

There's a few talents kicking about on the forum , and forgive me for not mentioning you whoever you are , but there's bluesking and kwalker who are basically as good as a guy and a guitar can be

And Anne , yes , kwalkers music is normally trimmed beards , swanky shirts , brand new $2000 cowboy boots with no marks on them saccharine rubbish . But he boils it down to its essence , as does the Australian fella in his avenue .

And , holy smoke , nice guys too

The two of them won't be able to get their hats on now , but good is good and needs said

Rock on guys , help yourselves to a few jelly babies

I would like to add to the praise given above. I often hook up my cell phone to my car stereo and play Keith's songs. I like the simple approach of just voice and guitar. Just perfect and all that is needed. I have a feeling that the originals are what can be categorized as modern country songs, but Keith's versions are timeless. Very seldom I know the original song or artist, which means that I hear the songs fresh, without comparing them to an original. I like that.

Lars

Here you go Stu. Here are both

Just to set the record straight I have never owned or worn any western wear what so ever [scared].

1 track with Rode mic through GB.

I wish i had the talent Bk has.

https://soundcloud.com/misterk201/feels-so-right

Simply superb. The playing, the singing, the honest emotion. And the reminder of just how powerful something as "simple" as a man and his guitar can be. Thanks for posting them, my friend. Delighted to enlist as one of your newest fans:)

Man, I do love your voice, its got J-45 written all over it, so much character. I feel like putting a cowboy hat on, ordering a whisky and lighting up a Marlboro listening to you.

Here you go Stu. Here are both

Just to set the record straight I have never owned or worn any western wear what so ever [scared].

1 track with Rode mic through GB.

I wish i had the talent Bk has.

https://soundcloud.com/misterk201/feels-so-right

Man, I do love your voice, its got J-45 written all over it, so much character. I feel like putting a cowboy hat on, ordering a whisky and lighting up a Marlboro listening to you.

EA, you can put on the hat and order a whiskey but don't light up. Lol

Yes, Keith's songs are one of my favorite parts of this forum. These new recordings sound fantastic as always. Smooth, strong vocals, which blend in with the guitar just perfectly.

I think that people with a lot of talent can also be the biggest perfectionists and critics of themselves. Something I've noticed in life. Now you know, man, that you got to post, not for your sake but for us.

Thanks guys for your kind comments. Buc I just move through different groups as it hits me. Don't know what's next. I have your honeybee lyrics and chords but don't have it down good enough to make you proud. It's gonna be hard to top your recording.

What a generous post Grunt.

I talk sometimes with Keith back channel, and I follow him on SoundCloud. He is a super nice guy, humble, unassuming, and has a golden voice. In my humble view he could have broken into this business as a younger man easily (I actually don't know if he is our age... Just suspect... Shoot me if I'm wrong).

He is the type of guy who doesn't want to post a song when someone else does, as he doesn't want to dilute the others. When I sensed that, I immediately knew what kind of guy he is. Uncommon.

BK, we don't chat, and I don't always post on your threads, but I always eagerly listen.

A few of us are hacks, and just love doing this. I'm in that category. The recordings of BK, EM7, Keith... You are all on a different plane. There are more of you that fit in there too - Murph was a real player, but ya... Those guys... Different plane.

Oh well... There are quite a few of you in the bleachers with me who I am honored to share space with. :)

Have to say... We have a nice group who post it up.

BirdmanJason HoeseEuroAussieLarsAnneGruntMeMurphRamblerEm7KeithBucFBBKFretplayTripleODougBayouMissouriAveryKidblastAeroMr GibbsRed33 (at the holidays)

I know there are more too. Sorry if I left you out. This list speaks volumes about how supportive this forum is, that so many are willing to throw it out there.

After all, we have these guitars to make music, and that we all do.

Sal thank you very much for saying that. I will turn 53 in September. You were spot on with my age. You and the many others that I chat with occasionally are and have been very polite and professional and offer great advice for me and the many others on this forum A little over a year ago I posted my very first song. I was thinking what the hell am I getting myself into. But you and this great Gibson forum have been fantastic. What a great family in this acoustic forum.

Keith

People talking about me behind my back! [biggrin]

Very kind if untrue comments - I only have the same 2 hands as everyone else, but practice and play over and over and over the thing called the acoustic guitar since I was fortunate enough for a lady to give me her old guitar when I was 8 years old....

I have played lots in bands, but only really discovered I don't like anything but solo acoustic guitar and vocals!

And Mr Walker has the idea! Sounds great - like Clint Black or Vince Gill without the Nashville razzmatazz. Don't change a thing, Keith!

BluesKing777.

Thank you BK. Talking behind your back in a very positive way is good. You were fortunate to start from an early age. Not many of us did. My 4 1/2 yrs will never amount to the incredible skills you have as a guitarist. If I could only have a pinky sized amount of your skill I would feel blessed.

Thank you BK. Talking behind your back in a very positive way is good. You were fortunate to start from an early age. Not many of us did. My 4 1/2 yrs will never amount to the incredible skills you have as a guitarist. If I could only have a pinky sized amount of your skill I would feel blessed.

Thanks Keith - just keep at it! Probably what most guitar players do isn't it? Keep going until we collapse of exhaustion.

I did start very early in age because the wonderful Marguerite gave me her old guitar when she got a new one. Right place at the right time! [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] I had a wonderful childhood, let me say that first - but one thing is for sure - my parents DID NOT want me to play guitar and actively discouraged me for years. Too late - it was love! There was no way in the world my old man would have let me buy a guitar, and then his boss had us over for dinner and his wife just bought a new acoustic and played it for us and I was glued.... And gave me her old GUITAR!!!!! Hooked. And no different to this very day.

Sorry to waylay your thread but I wanted to clear a few points up.

BluesKing777.

Thanks Keith - just keep at it! Probably what most guitar players do isn't it? Keep going until we collapse of exhaustion.

I did start very early in age because the wonderful Marguerite gave me her old guitar when she got a new one. Right place at the right time! [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] I had a wonderful childhood, let me say that first - but one thing is for sure - my parents DID NOT want me to play guitar and actively discouraged me for years. Too late - it was love! There was no way in the world my old man would have let me buy a guitar, and then his boss had us over for dinner and his wife just bought a new acoustic and played it for us and I was glued.... And gave me her old GUITAR!!!!! Hooked. And no different to this very day.

Sorry to waylay your thread but I wanted to clear a few points up.

BluesKing777.

BK was she ever able to hear later on how much talent you gained? I bet she was truly blessed knowing how much you treasured that guitar and learned from what she gave you early on in life. That's a great story.

No, the weird thing is I never saw or heard of her again and I actually got her name out of the old man once, in curiosity. I believe the boss and his wife had died years ago.

BluesKing777.

Archived